Sign in to follow this  
BassinBoy

Pond Plan

Tommorow I leave for NC to do some pond bass fishing with my friend.  The water will be about 58-60 degrees.  My plan will be to throw a senko for the few spawners there will be.  Then a lizard for a couple spawners and pre-spawners.  Finally, ill throw a small swimbait for some big pre-spawn bass.  Thats my plan for the 10 day trip.  Anybody want to make a suggestion?  Thanks, Bassinboy

I'm jealous.  Don't you have school?

That sounds like a great plan.  Don't forget rattletraps for prespawn even in cold fronts and maybe jerkbaits if you are up for the task.

Also try the lizards wieghtless if fishin is slow

Good luck...Let us know how it goes after

i'm in north east nc. use a small spinnerbait like the strike king george cochran  model. i've had luck on the california swimbabe baby "e" swimbait. we've had a ton of rain and we are getting a cold front on monday. winds gusted to 40 today muddied up the water real good. bummer le us know how you do. good luck  p.s. where in nc are you going?

i'm in north east nc. use a small spinnerbait like the strike king george cochran model. i've had luck on the california swimbabe baby "e" swimbait. we've had a ton of rain and we are getting a cold front on monday. winds gusted to 40 today muddied up the water real good. bummer le us know how you do. good luck p.s. where in nc are you going?

x2 on the spinnerbait. Even the mini strike kings work well. Work it around any grass or potential bedding areas. Remember this early in the year bass are keying in on smaller baitfish, start big and work your way down to smaller sizes. Maybe start with a 3/8oz or something.

I would also throw a Mann's Shallow Crank or a Floating Rapala Rattle Trap. Just some other ideas for you, but sounds like you have a solid plan.

Oh yea... if your gonna throw that senko and aren't getting any bites or the bass are finicky don't be afraid to bust out the shakey head depending on the bottom composition.  Something with a little more action and wiggle to it can sometimes change their minds.  Hop it if the ground on the bottom is ok to do it.