Sign in to follow this  
xboxfisherman

Vacation in Tenn.

OK here's the deal. My gf and I are heading to Tenn. for our vacation at the end of may. My buddy and his gf are also coming. Me and him both love to fish. The ladies, not so much. Where would be a good place to go that would offer us good fishing and them good shopping/sightseeing/nightlife?

We're not blessed, here in W. TN, with the big impondments like in central or E. TN. I would think somewhere near Nashville would get you everything you're looking for. Hopefully one of the fellas from around those parts will chime in...

As Ever,

skillet

We're not blessed, here in W. TN, with the big impondments like in central or E. TN. I would think somewhere near Nashville would get you everything you're looking for. Hopefully one of the fellas from around those parts will chime in...

As Ever,

skillet

Nashville would be the place:

Fishing: Old Hickory Lake, Percy Priest Lake

Girl Stuff: Opry Mills for shopping (Bass Pro Shop there too)

As for the sightseeing and nightlife.....well it's not called MUSIC CITY for nothing!

Eh, don't know yet. I'm on the eastern edge of northern IN. I can pretty much head straight south and then choose east or west, LOL.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. By all means keep them coming.

As Ever,

skillet

Nashville would be the place:

Fishing: Old Hickory Lake, Percy Priest Lake

Girl Stuff: Opry Mills for shopping (Bass Pro Shop there too)

As for the sightseeing and nightlife.....well it's not called MUSIC CITY for nothing!

x2 dude ;)

I say Pigeon forge, there is a little bit of everything there. For the women you have all kinds of outlet shopping and specialty stores, also a Bass Pro Shop and coming sometime a Cabella's. Also have a ton of stuff to do together such as Dollywood, go-karts, putt-putt. Then you also have Gatlinburg the next town over with more shopping and other fun things to do together, the Aquarium of the Smokies is a must. Having been to both Nashville and Pigeon Forge many times there is no question that PF is the place for a vacation, there is so much more to do.

Now to the important stuff. You have Douglas Lake very close maybe a 20 minute drive. Good numbers lake, not a big fish lake but it does have a few toads. Cherokee Lake about a 45 minute drive has better potetial for bigger fish but not as many numbers. Ft. Loudon Lake another 45 minute drive, don't know much about this one but our club had a tourny on it last year in October and the best I recall around 20+ won it and everyone caught fish. If your not gonna drag the boat then you have the rivers and creeks around and in town that are great for smallmouth and trout.

You have many hotel/motel/log cabin rentals right on the river or just out of town. For the 4 of you I recommend a cabin rental, plenty of room, private hot tub, full kitchens (save money on dining out) and better for a good nights sleep away from all the bustle and noise.

Here are a couple of links to both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg:

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/

http://www.gatlinburg.com/

Piegon forge is one of my favorite places to go. It reminds me of Myrtle Beach in the mountains. (Minus the beach and scorching hot weather of course.)          :)

Also you may want to consider when in Pigeon Forge you are only about a 3 hour drive from big fish guide extrordinaire Randall.

Thank you guys very much for all your help. I think she deceided that we are going to pigeon forge/gatlinburg. Expect a full write up of the trip afterwards. Thanks again.