Sign in to follow this  
rondef

Silver Lake Anyone?

I am going out to Silver Lake in a hour or so.  Any Northern VA folks want to try fishing this lake?

Ron

This used to be a private lake and it was recently given to PWC via a land grant.  They are eventually turning it into a park.  They are currently trying to decide who is going to manage it.

Heading out now, if anyone wants to fish come out there and we can pick apart this lake.

I went out there once and was kicked out by a police officer citing that they haven't yet decided on what to do with the lake. He said they use it for diving/search and rescue practice, and that the public wasn't allowed there. That was last year, things may have changed by now, or he was just blowing smoke. Either way good luck and give a report. Its about 2 minutes from my house. :)

There is no access to the lake.  They closed off the road to keep us fisherman out.  It is time to contact my County Supervisor and complain.  I think any and all fisherman in Prince William County should contact the board of suervisors and ask them to open this lake up for us.  

just out of curiosity what lake are you talking about, never heard of silver lake, what road is it on, I know gainesville very well.

nevermind my friend is a PWC cop and I found out it has a pad locked gate and signs everywhere and people have been arrested for trespassing there.  NOT FOR ME!