Sign in to follow this  
rondef

Anyone from NOVA want to fish a new lake tonight?

Any NOVA folks interested in going to fish a new lake tonight?  I am leaving around 5:00PM and have room for a couple of people.  I will be leaving from my house in Dale City.

Ron

Thanks, but no thanks.  It's my anniversary and the wifey won't take lightly to me going fishing.  

My friend from work is going to check out the two lakes with me. I will report back on on what I find. Hopefully I will come back with a picture of a hawg from one of the lakes.

Well I checked out one new lake today, I would actually call it a pond but it is a lake. The night started out with me loosing a bass that was about four pounds, maybe a little more. He hit a Manns -1 Baby and I pulled him in but he came off right as I was getting ready to lip him. The second fish was caught on a watermelon swim senko (weightless, the only way I fish them), he weighed 2lbs 4 ozs. The third fish was caught on a 1/2oz crawfish colored Rat-L-Trap and he was 3lbs 8ozs. All in all I would say it was a good night. My friend only managed to land a 1lb crappie.

Here is the 2lb 4oz

post-10436-130162940812_thumb.jpg

Nice, is this place public?

Dan, yes it is public.  I am waiting on the person that told me about it to tell me that he does not have a problem with me giving out the name and location.

Did I refer to them as lakes? They are ponds with out a doubt. The one Ron fished can be covered from one side pretty good if you can thread the needle when needed. It's long and skinny, but holds alot of good size bass. It is a confedence pond for me, helps me get back into a rhythm.  

I'm glad to see you caught some keepers. How long did you guys fish it and did they hit the spinnerbait? They hit the spinnerbait the other night until my arm got sore.  

My friend threw spinnerbaits almost all night long and only caught a crappie. I did also notice a 2 feet long Koi swimming in the lake.  We were there about 2 and a half hours.

Nice fish dad.  Maybe I can make it out there with you sometime soon.  Sounds like fun.  You and your 3-4lb fish.  I'm beginning to hate seeing all the pics.  Lol. j/k.  I've only caught 2 at or above 3 lbs.  Hope to change that soon though.  Would be easier if I could get out more.

That 3lb 8oz one is a fat fish.  Looks a lot shorter than my 3lb 8oz but definately a bigger gut.  Too bad it rained so much today or I'd try and get out for an hour or two while my wife plays video games with her dad online.  The pond down the road from me is probably getting close to normal level again if not above.  Finally be able to toss to the cover in there that has been above water for a while.  Good job again dad.