Sign in to follow this  
A.Do?

New PB!

Went fishing today at my confidence hole and straight slayed the dinks.  13 LMBs (biggest was only a little over a 1lb), a large bluegill, and 4 crappie including this giant!

2lb3ozjpgedited.jpg

at 15"s and 2 lbs. 3oz. it's my new PB crappie

Decent day of fishing, couldn't find the biggun's though.  Senkos and my trusty megabass griffin produced today.

I was trying to see if the bass were bedding but then realized i dont know what a bass bed looks like  :( Can anyone give me an idea of what one would loook like?

Congrats Andrew, that is one sweet crappie

That qualifies as a trophy fish, you should send in the paperwork for the citation from VDGIF.

Nice fish man! I wanna try and catch a crappie, was it a fun fight? I hear pan fish put up a good fight for their size and that one is huge!

Holy crap! that thing is giant! That megabass crank seems to be one of your confidence lures, eh?

Congrats Andrew, that is one sweet crappie  

That qualifies as a trophy fish, you should send in the paperwork for the citation from VDGIF.

Already, on that. HAHA!

Holy crap! that thing is giant! That megabass crank seems to be one of your confidence lures, eh?

It actually really really is. Tempted to buy a few more. Thanks to Rob for giving me the balls to throw it out.

Nice fish man! I wanna try and catch a crappie, was it a fun fight? I hear pan fish put up a good fight for their size and that one is huge!

Crappie, from my experience, don't fight that well. They kinda just hit the lure and then come broadside and thats it  :( Perch and Bream are a different story.  I had no idea what it was when reeling her in.  I've never seen a crappie that big in real life and i was just going nuts.

Now i just need some big bass!

Look for areas that are free of debris near the bamk. Bass will fan out an area to use as a bed. Most of the beds I have seen are circular.

I hope you ate or mounted that crappie.

Great job!!!!

Crappie, from my experience, don't fight that well. They kinda just hit the lure and then come broadside and thats it  :(

That reminds me of my experience with walleye

Look for areas that are free of debris near the bamk. Bass will fan out an area to use as a bed. Most of the beds I have seen are circular.

I hope you ate or mounted that crappie.

Great job!!!!

No,  :( I'm big on catch and release and I also suck at filleting. I'll let her get to 4lbs.

Andrew, next time I see you I'm shoplifting that crankbait out of your tackle bag. Better stay sharp.

That is a great looking crappie. I have never come close to one that size, but I have never owned a Megabass Griffin. My daughter at the age of 5 caught one that was "large" on a Micky Mouse rod.

Andrew, next time I see you I'm shoplifting that crankbait out of your tackle bag. Better stay sharp.

That is a great looking crappie. I have never come close to one that size, but I have never owned a Megabass Griffin. My daughter at the age of 5 caught one that was "large" on a Micky Mouse rod.

Me too =D

Andrew better watch out for that megabass crank....

Me too =D

Andrew better watch out for that megabass crank....

Hmmm, looks like I will have to work swiftly

be careful guys, stealing megabass baits can very quickly turn into grand larceny for how much they cost!

:o Wow, I never thought about that. Simon, it's all yours.

Dan, are you studying law?

lol, no, well, sorta. I just know that from watching cops or something like that. Stealing something valued at or over $200 is grand larceny. That means if you steal 9 Megabass cranks (a tackle tray's worth) it would be grand larceny...Wow.

My major is Justice Studies with a concentration on Global Justice and Policy. It's in the same major as law enforcement stuff but my concentration is more centered on politics and international affairs as well as human rights, etc...