Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Take a trip to HOOKER BAIT AND TACKLE - Williamsburg, VA

I knew this bait shop was there.  In fact, it's been there for four years.  But I've never stopped by.  I went by for the first time today.  Man oh man, I'm glad I did.

This small store is FULL of the good stuff.  It has a full seletion of high end stuff.  Rods - G Loomis, St. Croix, Kistler, Carrot Stix, All Star, and lots more (the high end ones).  GLXs out on the racks for the fondling.  Reels - Shimano, Abu, Diawa, Pflueger, and a lot more.   It has a fantastic selection of soft baits, including locally produced plastics.  I found some 3" frogs made locally I've got to try.  I also finally found and got some Rage Tail Shads.

What really makes this store stand out is the huge selection of hard-to-find domestic and Japanese hardbaits.   This store has a full selection of Lucky Craft, Jackall, Deps, Ima, and a lot more that I can't remember.  Got me some Ima Roumbas  :).  

They have TONS of high end swimbaits (Tru-Life, Mattlures, Jackall, and many others - some I've never heard of).  The really cool part is they have a small tank there and the fella there will tie a bait on and let you see how it rides in the water).  I gotta get me some Jackall Girons - Holy Cow these look good.  

Anyway, if you are in or near Williamsburg - please stop by and spend some money (you won't be able to help that part  ;)).  The owner is Darryl and he's super nice and ultra-helpful.  

Hooker Bait and Tackle

Williamsburg, VA

Micro, where in Williamsburg is it? I be driving throuh there in June on the way to/from the outer banks and would like to swing in there. It sounds like I'll need to pass up on going to Greentop.....

Micro....NO!  STOP!!! CEASE AND DESIST!!!!

THIS IS A SECRET PLACE. KEEP IT A SECRET.

At this year's Bass Fishing Expo in Richmond the guys from the store were there and I loaded up on every four inch Dead Ringer Mocassin Blue they had at the show for the two days I attended.

The store is not easy to find but when you find it and it is open it is excellent.

So don't tell anyone about it or the guys will storm the place and buy up all the good stuff that no one else has.   ;D

We'll keep it secret among us Virginians  ;):D

Hooker Bait and Tackle

Owner:  Darrell Hooker

7218-A Merrimac Trail

Williamsburg, VA 23185

Phone Number : 757-229-6609

Fax Number : 757-229-8042

This store even had hard-core JDM baits.  These weird looking topwaters with metal wings and legs that came in these little jewelry boxes.  

As far as size goes, Greentops's fishing department is bigger and has a better selection of domestic stuff.  But if you are looking for really high quality baits and stuff you just don't find at Greentop, this place is the place to go.  This definately a store to put on your tourist-stop list.