Sign in to follow this  
TENNESSEE NEWSOME

Trip planned with my Dad in Cent FL:  Kerr, Rodman, Lochloosa, Louisa

Flying out tomorrow and we're going to start on Lake Kerr (I feel like a kid the night before Christmas).  Probably will hit Lochloosa and then our last stop will be either Rodman or Louisa.  I'm staying until Friday.

I fish in Middle TN where I live and know very little about these lakes.  If anyone has any good info how to make my trip with my Dad a memorable one, I'd sure appreciate it.  Thanks for any help!!!

FYI:  My dad has some experience on Louisa and Kerr, but not the other two.  We were recommended to fish Rodman and Lochloosa.

Hmm, I live in Central Florida and I've never even heard of these lakes to my knowledge. I must be fishing too close to home! :-/

Haven't heard of Rodman?  Lochloosa is next to Orange Lake.  Kerr is in Marion county.  Louise is in volusia (small).  If there are others I should be trying, I'm open to change.

I have heard of most of those, but haven't fished them.  Depending on how long you are staying that sounds like a lot of traveling.  Each of those lakes is big enough that you could fish it for a month and still have plenty left to discover.  You may want to focus more on one or 2 of the lakes.  Being that your dad already has some knowledge of two of them you may want to start there unless you guys are just looking for something new. .  

Just a thought.

dont know if this info is too late but i fish them all except lochloosa.i fish orange any day over lochloosa.im me and i can help you out on orange and rodmans.

if lake louise you are talking about is in deltona, fl then you might be dissapionted. The water level is really low. Good luck tho.

Thanks for the good info guys.  I'm back home in TN now.

Caught a lot of fish down there, but none at Rodman surprisingly.  Just one trip there though.  Didn't go to Louise based on the recommendation.  No big fellas to be caught.  Caught a few 17 inchers.  Had a great time with my dad though.

catchin fish is fun but spendin time w/ your dad while you can is forever.