Sign in to follow this  
Bass XL

Alabama Lake

Earlier this year, we drove down to Florida. We went through Alabama and went over this beautiful lake that looked awesome to fish. I'm pretty sure it was the Mobile water supply lake, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? This lake looked so good...I may have to take a trip down there to fish it.

Can you be a little more specific about where you were when you saw the lake? I may be able to help you out since I am from the area. If you were in southwest Alabama, then it was probably Big Creek Lake which is the municiple water supply for the city of Mobile. It is actually located west of the city in the Semmes community.

If you were driving through the southeastern corner of the state on your way to Florida, then it could have been Lake Eufaula.

You are right! It's Big Creek Lake (on google earth, it says "Creek Lake"). It's just west of Semmes. I can remember going over the 98 bridge, becuase there were people fishing right as the bridge met the land. Looks like an awesome lake...Have you fish there before?

I haven't lived in Mobile since I graduated from high school in '89 so I haven't fished Big Creek Lake in a long time.  I fished a couple of father-son tournaments on the lake when I was a kid, but haven't fished it since.  As I recall, it was a good fishing lake back in the day, but I think it is a little more pressured today than it used to be.

We have several nice lakes here in AL. Just pick a time and come down we will find one. We have the Coosa River with several lakes on it with killer spotted bass. Just give us call.

Richard

Earlier this year, we drove down to Florida. We went through Alabama and went over this beautiful lake that looked awesome to fish. I'm pretty sure it was the Mobile water supply lake, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? This lake looked so good...I may have to take a trip down there to fish it.

Big Creek Lake has awesome bass fishing, it's about 3,600 acres and is very deep in places. We recently had a few issues with some road work going on but I think it's back to normal now so come on down and catch em!