Sign in to follow this  
CANE4LIFE

Putnam County, Tn Info

Anyone on here know of any good lakes to bank fish in Putnam County, TN near Cookeville? My dad just moved there about 2 months ago and I am going there towards the end of the summer.  He wanted to know if there were any productive spots for largemouth or smallmouth in his area.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Well there are some good spots around there.  In Cookeville you can fish at cane creek park for largemouth.  Center Hill lake is only 20 min from Cookeville.   Also, Dale Hollow lake is only about 45 min north of there.  I just got back from there today, I didn't get to fish much but I made the best of it with the two I caught, an 18" 3lb smallie, and a 20.5" 4.7 lb smallmouth.

I went to school at TTU just a few years back.  I used to fish at Cane Creek Park, City Lake, Standing Stone State Park (you can rent 14' jon boats there), Center Hill, Dale Hollow and Cordell Hull.  Cane Creek and City Lake are right near Cookeville.  They are both smaller lakes, I think Cane Creek is around 80 acres and City Lake is around 100 acres.  Cane Creek is best for bank fishing.  I lived near Cordell Hull so I fished there a lot.  I loved that lake.  Very little pressure compared to some of the other closer large lakes.  Good Luck!

I also went to TTU

Business and Communications from 01-06