Sign in to follow this  
Dan:

NoVA College guys?

I've been noticing that a lot of the NoVA members are guys in town for the summer from college. I wanna see just how many college aged dudes we have and where we all go to school, so...If you are a member from NoVA that goes to college, please post here with what school you go to.

I go to JMU

I'm no longer a student but I still use student discounts! Graduated GMU a few years ago.

a few years out of the ONLY school in VA...UVA

Been lurkin around this forum for a while now, just decided to register. I go to Shepherd University in WV, but I live in Herndon.

I'm tryin to find some good spots too btw, the only fishin place I know of right now is Lake Fairfax. Anyone know of some good local ponds? Something I can fish without a boat  :-/

I go to Appalachian State in northwestern North Carolina. It's closer to TN than VA but I thougt I'd post anyway.  :)

P.S. any VT guys please look into the team at tech go to bassfishingteamatvt.com if interested were the number one team ranked in the nation and joining the team has cut the cost of fishing in half for me with all the free rods, discounted reels etc that we get besides its a good group of guys to fish with while down at school and good way to see the east coast (been to a bunch of states i had never been to for tournaments) PM me if you have any questions

Another good idea that may come out of this.  Maybe if we get enough reps from each university we can have a small bank like get together where we all represent our given school and wear the regalia and so forth.

We could get some great pics that represent the universities and the southeast bass section here on the forum.  Could be a pretty cool thing if we all were down with it.  We would just need to find the best central location like maybe central Va (Lake Anna) or something to that effect.  Could rent jon boats too and have a weigh in and stuff.

Maybe I'm getting carried away.  Let me know what you guys think.  If we're all cool with it I can put together a date that works for all if not most and we can do this shin dig.  Mostly for fun and bragging rights.  We could pair up to if there is enough of us.  

Sounds like a good idea to me =D

for all the guys who are still in college we can find new fishing partners!

Another good idea that may come out of this.  Maybe if we get enough reps from each university we can have a small bank like get together where we all represent our given school and wear the regalia and so forth.

We could get some great pics that represent the universities and the southeast bass section here on the forum.  Could be a pretty cool thing if we all were down with it.  We would just need to find the best central location like maybe central Va (Lake Anna) or something to that effect.  Could rent jon boats too and have a weigh in and stuff.

Maybe I'm getting carried away.  Let me know what you guys think.  If we're all cool with it I can put together a date that works for all if not most and we can do this shin dig.  Mostly for fun and bragging rights.  We could pair up to if there is enough of us.  

This is an awesome idea! We can have our own tournament and can represent our school. Let's try to do it this summer sometime!

Let's get some dedicated anglers guys. Who is in? I'll go ahead and set this up if everyone wants to pm me a list of possible weekends in late June, early July I will compare and report back with what seems like the most logical time for us to do this. Also send me any ideas for bodies of water as well. I know all of us don't have boats and stuff and would want to spend some time talking and having fun as well as catching fish so I'm thinking bank fishing could be an option but if not boat rentals would work.

I know that weigh ins would be tough as obviously we are all catch and release and most don't have live wells so maybe pictures with rulers by the fish for length? Best 5 fish, most length wins? Also let me know if you guys would rather do individual or teams. If we do teams I was thinking we can draw numbers on the day from a hat and those who pair up fish together. Even if they are from different colleges we can put together individual numbers of the specific colleges after the tourney to see what individual wins.

Any other ideas would be wlecomed fellas. But for now let's concentrate on dates and dedicated anglers. Pm me your info with ideas for bodies of water as well. Would like to hear from as many folks as possible.  Oh also send me your university so I don't have to look back in the thread digging for it.

I'm up for it, my only concern is that there will not be enough participants to represent each school equally.  Maybe stick a handicap in there or something or pair some schools up.  I guess we won't know till we have a final list of participants.

I figure we just represnt our schools and pair up universities. We can do number afterward as to what schools got what weight and we can maybe do averages as far as length to see what school gets top spot?

No prizes, just bragging rights and stuff and fun times most importantly. If you're in send me info folks.

-Name

-School

-Choice for body of water (list three and give me preferences in order)

-Shore fishing or rental? <---preference

-Possible weekends in late June/early July

If I can get at least 10 dedicated anglers I think this would be worth it.

I'm definitely in, and my roommate will be up for it too, so we can rep Shepherd :)

-Pete and Joe

-Shepherd U.

-Don't really know alot of bodies of water around here, but know of Black hills, Potomac River...

-Shore fishing sounds good, although I would be able to get a jon boat, so either is fine

-I'd rather do this thing in Early to Mid July, I have alot of work in late June...

I would be in for a typical tournament setting, i.e. 5 fish per team, heaviest weight wins.  I have a new boat, and I am not in any way against co-anglers (though I think it would be cool to have them from the same school).

Mark

University of Virginia

Lake Anna, 1st choice.  Perhaps open to others

Boat owner

Mid to late July would suit.

Lets get a date set, and I can do some recruiting to get more schools onboard.  Once we get the venue/date set I think we can make better assumptions regarding participation.

Thoughts?

Mark sounds like a good idea but let's wait and get some others interested to see if we have guys that have boats or are ok with renting. But so far this sounds like a good idea. With you on board that makes a total of six. Myself, you, Pete, Joe, Simon and Andrew.

So far a couple of schools represented: GMU, Shepherd U, UVA and VCU.

So far looks like Mid July is best bet... I'm thinking the 12, 13 or 20. All days I have open and seems like others may be able to do.

My other ideas for lakes if we want to add to the list are: Germantown Lake in Fauquier County, The Occoquan Reservoir out of Fountainhead Regional Park, and or Lake Orange.  All of these places have boat rentals and potential for big fish.  But I have no problems with Lake Anna if others can agree as well.

Let's get some more dedicated people folks.

Ideas thus far are Lake Anna and Potomac River, however no rentals out of the Potomac making it harder unless we get quite a few more boaters. Mark let me know if you find any recruits. Try to find them from as many schools as possible if you can. And if they have a boat or can rent it's a plus. Keep in touch with me via pm. I'll make you my other organizer on this if your up for helping get it together.