Sign in to follow this  
stickum

Who's the man in NOVA

I'm looking to hook up with the "go to" guy for local pond and lake advise. So who should I talk to???

That would be google maps.  ::)

Everyone knows something someone else won't. There's no real go to guy.

-Flippin4it knows quite a few ponds and has fished the area for awhile.

-Jcrzy and rondef are hardcore pond hunters so they might be able to help you as well.

-Sam, if you're fishin richmond area.

But your best bet is using google maps to find your own spots  ;D

What part of springfield are you from? I'm pretty close to the mall.

I don't think there is any specific go to guy although others may feel differently.  I think all of the NOVA folks can offer some unique knowledge about locations and baits.  Like ado124 stated googlemaps should be one of your best friends.  I personally have found some sweet spots to fish using googlemaps.

x3 on maps.

once you pick a few spots post your questions and you'll get all the help you need. quite a few of us have our "home" bodies we like to fish...

Another guy who has been fishing a LONG LONG time and gets to some of the more known waters that hold LARGE bass is Wayne P. He may be able to offer some insight on a lot of stuff. Seems to catch fish beyond belief man. Dude is awesome from what I hear as far as other guys on here. From his posts it seems like he fishes more lakes and reservoirs.

I second Sam for the Richmond area. The man has some great advice.

But as Rondef pointed out everyone on here has some great information they could give you in one aspect or another.

If you really want to go pond hopping and find some nice fish use google maps and look over the Herndon/Chantilly/Centreville area. There are some gold mines around this area. Ponds at almost every intersection in some places. Some are private but you can find some fishable ones that have soem nice fish in them.

One thing some guys do is take a print screen and then circle the ponds of interest and come back on here and post to ask questions about em'.  Someone always seems to have fished it at one point or another.

Let me ask the question again. I live in Springfield/Burke, been here about a year. I have done the map thing and have been to over a dozen locations. The ones in Centerville/Chantilly are mostly private. I had a run in with a security guy,he explained that just because it is not posted it does not mean you can fish. Try to remember that stuff.

What I'm looking for is a guy or gal that knows the local area and the "when,where and how" knowledge. With gas prices the way they are, it would be of great service to know the close by hot spots......Get my point? :-/ And don't tell me Mercer, that place is like Burke lake now. :)

try Huntsman Lake. its off Huntsman Blvd in springfield.

I was getting a little excited when I read the thread name!! I thought this was going to be some type of head to head pond exhibition to give the NOVA KING HIS CROWN ;D

I was getting a little excited when I read the thread name!! I thought this was going to be some type of head to head pond exhibition to give the NOVA KING HIS CROWN ;D

Matt, I am game for that. 8-)

I just had a 30 minute phone conversation with Flippin4it/Rob. I would like to say that this is a guy that knows his *****. Thanks a million and i will let you know how I do.

Anyone else got some detailed info too?

All I have to say is you spoke to the right person, I only have a spot open in my boat when Rob can't come.

Stikum called today right after you did, he was freakin. He caught more keepers in one day than he had in the previous 2 months..........Maybe I told him to much! ;)

I fished both places and Royal paid off like you said. I caught over a half dozen keepers and a 6.2 lbs right in the area you said. Took awhile, but they came on the 1/2 jig. Wish I had a camera with me.  

Royal is another lake I'm hoping to fish with my kayak before the end of the summer. Hopefully I'll have as much luck.  Biggest I've pulled out of there was around 3 lbs during the early spring.

Congrats on the great day of fishing. :)

Shucks guys, thanks. There are a few >:( that are shunned from my info for being hipocrates and not accepting apoliges. For everyone else, it's a buffet of info.... ;D

Yeah Rob, you definetly do know your stuff and I thank you for the info you share. WHEN ARE WE GOIN FISHIN?

Yeah Rob, you definetly do know your stuff and I thank you for the info you share. WHEN ARE WE GOIN FISHIN?

When I return from vacation, you and I will do a little pond hopping and find you some of the weeds, grass mats and lilly pads that your looking for.

Sounds great!! I am heading to Gaston for 10 days on Monday, so we'll get together after that. I'll give a real nice report when I return./

Sounds great!! I am heading to Gaston for 10 days on Monday, so we'll get together after that. I'll give a real nice report when I return./

Stick it to 'em Matt.