Sign in to follow this  
Micro

You know I love Green Top, but...

...when you live on the Peninsula, there just isn't much reason to drive an inch past Hooker's Bait and Tackle.

I went there today. I swear, his hardcore Japanese bait selection has increased fivefold. I picked up some Jackalls (bought all the Girons he had), Deps, GYCB, and a few others. Got a bunch of Dave's Tournament Tackle Jigs and some Booyah football jigs w/o skirts. I also got a brand new Curado 200DPV (5.0:1) for my Crankshaft rod at a deeply discounted price. (BTW, he's still got a good selection of Curado and Citica Ds left.)

He's also gotten the OK to start carrying Megabass rods. (This may absolutely break me, but I'm going to get one by next season.)

Also, he's moving AND expanding. Darryl is moving his shop from Williamsburg up to Lightfoot (near the pottery shop) to a 4,000+ sq ft store - about double what he has now. (I think he'll put Pro Tech outta business.) He's also going on-line and will do business over the internet.

I did my patriotic duty and stimulated the economy.  

Man, I love that store. :'(

He doesn't have any Megabass rods in the store yet, but he can get them in a few days now. He may get some for display when he moves.

BTW, he's moving to a building on Rt 60 right across the street from Toano Middle School into a building that is currently the Colonial Antique Store. That means he is FEET away from Pro Tech, which is right around the corner.

This will be his new store...

Probably not, he doesn't sell guns.  Just fishing tackle.  AFAIK, there are no gun stores in that area.  

How far is this place from the NC line near Mount Airy?

How far is this place from the NC line near Mount Airy?

308 miles, according to Google Maps.

If you bring enough money, it's worth the trip  ;D

Where they are moving to is right where my brother lives. Gives me a reason to go visit his punk @zz

Yikes!

Micro, these are the two secret bait shops.  Don't let the secret out.

I know the builing where he will be moving and it is a stone's throw from ProTech.  That's a shame as the ProTech people are great.

Of course, ProTech is not open all the time as will be Hooker's so that is good.

Did you see the IMA Roumba?  It looks like a big pickle and I can't wait to throw it.

Did you get any deps BUZZJETJr.'s?  Heavy bait but should do well in rivers or lakes.

Now, let's keep the two secret shops secret!!!   ;D   ;D   ;D

I bought another Roumba.  I don't have any Buzzjet Jrs., just the full sized one.  I have to give it time.