Sign in to follow this  
bkoguy07

High Rock Lake?

Hi,

I'm about to get my boat up here at school with me and was wondering if ya'll got any tips or advice for High rock lake.  I fished there one time before but was very young.  I know summertime is offshore structure, but does anyone have any more specific advise?  

Thanks.

I'm just north of High Rock but never have fished it before, sorry. Try going to NCAngler.com you will more than enough info on the lake.

docks, docks and more docks thats the easy answer.there are always bass on the docks try and find ones that are relatively deeper ;)

baits may i suggest anything by gary yamamoto

try the flappin hog 2 it is a nice bait for numbers<rigged weightless or t-riged with a 2/0 or 3/0 hook

Pigsticker,

I just got back from highrock lake and you're right!!! I was catching 6-8 lbers on the flappin hawg 2's on a 2/0 hook on deep docks. When can we get together and fish?????

If it's anything like Gaston, docks will always hold fish. Points and steep bluffs as well.

Goodluck

What about jigs and swim bait bite?  I figured Docks near deep ledges or any sorta cover near deep water would be the ticket there.  Flappin hog eh?  I've never used them, I think I'm going to bass pro tomorow so I will definately pick them up.