Sign in to follow this  
Hung up Paul

Freakin idiots!

My wife just received this email from our conservancy.

This is one of our local bass ponds.

"[07/01/08] NEWS FROM THE FACILITIES & RESOURCES DEPT: A fish kill was experienced at Meadow Pond due to Algaecide that mixed with rain causing a PH unbalance. The ponds maintenance contractor, Aquatic Environment Consultants, cleaned up the fish kill earlier today; however, it is possible for residents to see some additional dead fish in Meadow Pond over the next day or two. Please contact Jeremy at the Conservancy office for more information or to report any concerns about the ponds or open space areas. "

yeah when i saw the  sign for the spraying of water chestnuts I knew it would be trouble. Whats even worse is that this is not the first time this has happened in that neighborhood, Down the block a trophy crappie population was killed at bass pond :-X

an ironic name though :D

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I know a lady that has a pond with some real monsters and a cropduster sprayed over her pond and wiped out all the fish  :'(

My wife just received this email from our conservancy.

This is one of our local bass ponds.

"[07/01/08] NEWS FROM THE FACILITIES & RESOURCES DEPT: A fish kill was experienced at Meadow Pond due to Algaecide that mixed with rain causing a PH unbalance. The ponds maintenance contractor, Aquatic Environment Consultants, cleaned up the fish kill earlier today; however, it is possible for residents to see some additional dead fish in Meadow Pond over the next day or two. Please contact Jeremy at the Conservancy office for more information or to report any concerns about the ponds or open space areas. "

That blows! >:( I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Wow, I know of a few local ponds that I frequent that spray algaecide ... I hope they're ok, sorry to hear about your ponds!

I found another pond in Burke that had fish kill.  I only saw dead shad (about 50), but another pond real close to it was still OK.

you talking about BASS pond because that had dead crappie with a few 2+ crappie and a bunch 0f 1s and 1.5lbers

and there is not any vegatation at lynch pond(which is close to BASS pond) to spray for so of course the fish are fine, I do not think the ponds are connected. I believe that lynch is the pond you speak of ;) :-X

This has been going on for 3-4 years now. You need to e-mail them back and tell them to get in touch with Virginia Waters. I have a few guys I know that work for them. They will get it under control.