Sign in to follow this  
HOIST-N-HAWGS

Hanover County VA Bass fishing?

HI people! I just had an interview w/Hanover County animal control and wondering how the bass fishing is in that area.

Thanks in advance for your input! ;)

HANOVER???? Come on!!! I'd hate to be animal control in the Richmond Area, Hell try Fauquier County Sheriff's Office we have a spot open for Animal Control here!!!

But if your heart is set on Hanover my bets bet is to tell you to talk to "SAM". He is July's BR Elite member and he reside in Richmond. He should be able to tell you all you need to know.

Here is the link to his profile you can PM him from there.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=3A2824490

But if you don't get the job with Hanover try checking us out. ;)

There are a number of places to fish in Hanover County.

There are many more within 50 miles, from Lake Anna to the Rappahanock River up to the Potomac and down to the James River.

Lots of ponds in the area, too. If you are an Animal Control Officer you will meet a lot of wonderful people down this way and they have ponds you can fish.

So come on down to the beautiful south where it hardly ever snows.  ;)

HANOVER???? Come on!!! I'd hate to be animal control in the Richmond Area, Hell try Fauquier County Sheriff's Office we have a spot open for Animal Control here!!!

But if your heart is set on Hanover my bets bet is to tell you to talk to "SAM". He is July's BR Elite member and he reside in Richmond. He should be able to tell you all you need to know.

Here is the link to his profile you can PM him from there.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=3A2824490

But if you don't get the job with Hanover try checking us out. ;)

Hmmmmmm, why would hate being an ACO in Hanover? My hearts not set on Hanover but, almost 100% that VA is where I want to grow old. From my experience you are very freindly respectful people with gorgeous breath taking scenery! Not to metion having some very strict animal neglect and abuse reg's.

I'm awaiting the 2nd stage of the interview process. Hopefully, I'll recieve a letter within two weeks. Then the criminal background check. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be in your little piece of heaven in no time at all. The one place I lack knowledge would be in the farm animal/agricultural area's. Yet, I'm not aware of any killer cows or hogs that went on a rampage ;D Though I do realize neglect is also present there.

With over 15+ years of canine training & behavior vet assisting animal rescue league manager in addition to being NACA certified, someone will recognise my value and offer me a career. The deep south is to darn hot but, most of all the hounds need to swim and not become gator bait ;) Selling my Tacker and alot of my possessions in order to have enough funds available to get up and go on a seconds notice. We all need to make sacrifices for those things in life we really want.

There are a number of places to fish in Hanover County.

There are many more within 50 miles, from Lake Anna to the Rappahanock River up to the Potomac and down to the James River.

Lots of ponds in the area, too. If you are an Animal Control Officer you will meet a lot of wonderful people down this way and they have ponds you can fish.

So come on down to the beautiful south where it hardly ever snows. ;)

Thanks Sam, extremely appreciated. Who knows? I may be a Virginian (though transplanted) shortly.

Love the part about it hardly ever snows! I may appreciate it a bit more like I used to when I was younger when I'm traveling back to visit family. As it stands now I don't look forward to being here November though April.

Good luck with Hanover. They are great to work for and plus the county is growing. I have a buddy who works for the Sheriffs Office. Also if Hanover doesnt work out I think Prince George County just got approved for another position, pm me if you want to know more.

About the area, like everyone said there are plenty of places to go. If you have a bass boat your best bet is the James River or Chickahominy River.

Good luck with Hanover. They are great to work for and plus the county is growing. I have a buddy who works for the Sheriffs Office. Also if Hanover doesnt work out I think Prince George County just got approved for another position, pm me if you want to know more.

About the area, like everyone said there are plenty of places to go. If you have a bass boat your best bet is the James River or Chickahominy River.

Thanks, if I don't hear anything in a few weeks I'll definetely shoot you a pm.

Sincerely,

Paul

In many areas being an ACO is a lot more then you think. Here you deal with domestics, fights, DUI, and all sorts of stuff. Plus your regular animal stuff.

In many areas being an ACO is a lot more then you think. Here you deal with domestics, fights, DUI, and all sorts of stuff. Plus your regular animal stuff.

Sounds like a good education to me! ;)

It is a good learning expierence.

Let me know how well your interview went. :)

I won't know for two weeks but, I will surely let you know.

Thanks,

Paul