Sign in to follow this  
619bassman

619Bassman Moving to 757

Hey Guys I'm From San Diego as my name denotes, but I just got married and am moving out to VA Beach this week. My mom lived in Suffolk when I was a kid so I know the area a little bit, but any help or friendly faces would be appreciated. I am a bit spoiled with the size of the bass out here but am super stoked about all the fishable water out that way. Here there are some great bodies of water but they are few and far between, but out there you guys have more lakes, creeks, and rivers than you can shake a stick at. Well I just thought I would introduce myself and say hi to yall here in the southeast division. Youll be seeing more of me shortly

Hey 619.  Welcome aboard man.  I've done some saltwater fishing down that way but no fresh water fishing.  I'm sure you'll find some good holes down there man.  If you ever head up north a few hours and want to meet with some of the Nova guys we'd be glad to hook up man.

Good luck down there.  And FYI, a 5lber is a beautiful fish around here haha  ;D.  It's gonna be hard to get used to the smaller fish but I'm sure with the approaches you take to catching larger ones out west you'll manage to find em' out here too.

Later buddy.

Welcome to the Southeast section.  I am in Northen Virginia a few hours away from Suffolk but I have family down there.  I have placed a link to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries below.  That should be a good starting place for you to find lakes and rivers to fish in.  Good luck moving and welcome to Virginia.

http://www.dgif.state.va.us/fishing/

i used to live in norfolk near the naval station. i know of several places to go around the area for a quick trip and a TON more that are a little bit of a drive. anywhere from 45 minutes to about 3 hours. If youre military, try going to cheatham annex naval weapons station out in yorktown. exit 243B on 64 west towards richmond. you get off the exit and go straight down the road and it ends at the gate. there are 2 great ponds on base, and one off base that you can fish. and you can rent a john boat and a motor for 14 bucks for 24 hours! awsome place to do some bassin, and some of the biggest bullhead ive seen in my life lol. if you arent military, im sure you can befriend someone local who could take you. if i ever come back in the area ill let you know and ill drag you out there. if you want to know some of the better smallie areas drop me a message and ill let ya in on it. good luck!