Sign in to follow this  
c17Lat

upper potomac: the remix

Whites Ferry, 230-9 pm, drift down va side of harrison island then back up to ramp on md side of river, ~15 caught (~20 lost) on tube, spinnerbait, popper, tiny swimbait, 4 in worm.

Together me and my friend caught 5 while trolling spinnerbaits. i just figured i might as well drag mine behind the kayak while we moved from spot to spot (i've done this a few times before with no luck) and i caught this one first:

post-4419-130162941517_thumb.jpg

Nice! Upper Potomac is definitely becoming one of my new favorites!

the cats in the potomac love spinnerbaits.  sometimes you think you have a striper or snakehead on but reel in a 6 pound channel cat. :'(

I'm new here but I've been trolling for a while. Anyhow I kayak/fish the Potomac pretty frequently. On Sunday a group of 6 of us went from Harpers Ferry down to Brunswick. I caught 5 1-2LB Small Mouth and 2 large catfish off tube's in about 3 hours. Caught a bunch of smaller small mouth and a couple blue gill. I've had outstanding luck with tubes on the Potomac up around there.

-Paul

the cats in the potomac love spinnerbaits. sometimes you think you have a striper or snakehead on but reel in a 6 pound channel cat. :'(

I agree.  This past weekend I was a bit nervous I had on a giant snakehead but it ended up being a catfish...ugh.

-Paul