Sign in to follow this  
rondef

New Dicks Sporting Goods Store

All, Dicks Sporting Goods is opening a new store in Dale City/Woodbridge Virginia. It is going to be in the old Lowes building across the street from Best Buy. This is good news as we will finally have a decent store to buy fishing supplies at locally.

MONEY!!! Not that I'm gonna have any to spend with a kid on the way. But now that the important relatives know I can expect some pretty nice Birthday and Christmas gifts eh dad?!?!? ;D

At least I won't have to put up with the horrible selection of plastics at Boater's World anymore, and or the extreme prices as far as rods and reels.

And it sure beats a trip to Walmart!

Monday - Friday, I goto to Dicks off of Columbia Pike, since I work in Alexandria, Just like you JCrzy, I am always at Wal-Mart since I am just up the hill (wayside drive). I couldn't see myself driving to Dicks on the weekend with the nasty traffic that can occur on the 95 :).

FYI, if you are interested in picking up some more GYCB the Dicks that I mentioned just got some more in, I managed to pick up a nice variety Fat Ika's, Senkons (Watermellon/Red Flake). Don't know how long they'll last but I was just there yesterday afternoon.

JCrzy congrats on the kid, I have two girls (13 and 11) and all i can say is be glad its a boy.  ;D

Rondef,

Glad you have a Peckers up your way but be patient as the new BPS below Ashland is scheduled to open this fall and the ride down to the store once a week should be easy.

At least that is what the Bait Monkey tells me!  ;D

And Jason can drive down and pick out what he wants and then tell you.  Now, talk about being in heaven????  :)

Sam,

Originally a Bass Pro Shop was slated to be built at Potomac Mills Mall in Dale City/Woodbridge. The only problem was the Prince William County Supervisors didn't get the deal done and now we have a Cosco instead. I have driven past the new BPS down there and I will be shopping there quite a bit once it is finished.

It will be nice to have Dicks in town for picking up baits on sale, we only have wally world and boaters world currently, neither has much of a selection. I bought my canoe from Dicks and saved almost $200 off the price so they have some deals occasionally.

My only problem with BPS is I can't control myself in the store, the bait monkey takes advantage of me big time.  I will see how bad the bait monkey beats me up tonight as I am headed to BPS in Baltimore to replace two broken rods and possibly buy a third rod while I am there and maybe some more ragetail baits.

Hey dad, the monkey already told me that he wanted to hitch a ride with us tonight ;D, he's waiting in my car lol. I got a list of stuff I need to pick up since it's my last trip before the baby is born.

I wish we would have got that one at Potomac Mills (Bass Pro), would have been so easy to go across the street and shop there lol. Might have been a tad harsh on the wallet though! Who needs a Costco??? We already have BJ's and Sam's Club both within a 3 mile radius of the Costco!!! Bleh!

Sam, control the urge when that opens up lol. Good luck keeping the monkey at bay!

Jules, thanks for the kind words buddy. Now I have another person i can come to for advice lol. Love those GYCB. I do need some Fat Ikas for smallies on Monday. If you're free I'm headed down to the Rap in Fredericksburg Monday for wading Jules. Let me know. I will wade from 7am til' 3pm if I can find someone to go with. I've learned the Rap pretty well this year and have put some others on decent fish. Let me know.  There is a thread about it in the southeast section here, just let me know.

Jules, thanks for the kind words buddy. Now I have another person i can come to for advice lol. Love those GYCB. I do need some Fat Ikas for smallies on Monday. If you're free I'm headed down to the Rap in Fredericksburg Monday for wading Jules. Let me know. I will wade from 7am til' 3pm if I can find someone to go with. I've learned the Rap pretty well this year and have put some others on decent fish. Let me know. There is a thread about it in the southeast section here, just let me know.

Hey no problem...Thanks for the offer for fishing on Monday; however, I am unable to get away. Most of my fishing is done on the weekend. I have read many of the post you put up and blog, I am sure it would be a pleasure for me to fish with you as I have a lot to learn and you seem to be pretty knowledgeable (sp?)

Monday - Friday, I goto to Dicks off of Columbia Pike

I used to work in that store. Their selection is pretty average. The Dick's in Fair Lakes has a much better selection. I think it is probably the best place to get fishing gear in the DC metro area. (Gander Mtn in Fredericksburg and Winchester are good also, but too far away)

Rondef,

Glad you have a Peckers up your way but be patient as the new BPS below Ashland is scheduled to open this fall and the ride down to the store once a week should be easy.

At least that is what the Bait Monkey tells me! ;D

And Jason can drive down and pick out what he wants and then tell you. Now, talk about being in heaven???? :)

My wallet is already retching out money to Greentop every week, I can't even begin to imagine the impact when the BPS opens!