Sign in to follow this  
bigfruits

lake accotink?

the backyard of the house i grew up in led into the accotink park woods. i used to go fishing there as a kid (worms) and caught many catfish and sunfish from the shore. the first time my dad let me go by myself i was standing behind my friend when he casted and the hook went deep into my cheek. i still remember the worm hanging off the eye end of the hook.

anyways, i know that there is no public boat launch there so fishing pressure must be very low. i was thinking of putting my canoe in there and taking a shot at some bass. has anyone ever had any luck there with bass?

thanks

-z

What do you mean no public launch? I thought there is one at the rental place. My friend went there a few weeks ago on a kayak and didn't do too well because it was really murky (the day after a big rain storm) but there are some good bass in there. I fished there for a short period of time over the summer and was able to pull up a few, with this one being the biggest

amateurfishing008.jpg

Lots of overhangs so I believe skipping lures under those overhangs might be productive.

what i meant is that you cannot drive your boat and trailer down to the water. i know they have rentals and that you can carry a canoe and kayak down to the water.

nice fish you got there. thanks for the info, i'll try it out next time im in town.

cheers

-z

Hit this one at accotink on one of those pedalling pontoon boats last summer on a spinnerbait

2835501789_91c17f166b.jpg

Girlfriend hit one on a senko too but I can't find that pic.

so fishing pressure must be very low.

Go on a Saturday and see how many people are there

There's a lot of pressure when i go there! They just don't fish the same style as I do.  I plan on going back before winter so let me know how you do!

Ron, thanks! She put up a really good fight. I caught her right off a submerged tree that this one family had been fishing for awhile but decided to move on when they go nothing. They watched me pull that beast in! ;D

2 yrs ago i used to mtn bike around there on wkdays all the time and saw no one on the water. i guess the wkend warriors come out in full force.

Andrew- im working in Dubai, UAE and cant come back to the states until next spring (tax reasons) so i wont be able to give you a review for a long time. i actually just returned to the desert from the US, did a 5 day canoe/camping trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in MN with the girlfriend. Beautiful place.