Sign in to follow this  
VolFan

Lake Lunga, QMCB, 9/20

So we were going to Smith Lake (Thanks for the advice Rondef), but the road was closed, so we went to Lunga around noon. I had a Cavitron on one rod from a night outing a few days ago and figured I throw it a few times just for S&G. Third cast, got a nice, if small bass around a lb. Over the next four hours we boated around 12-15, mostly on the cavitron and terminators in Chartreuse and chartreuse and white (3/8 and 1/4 ounce). Alot of short strikes and hook misses today. The bass would hit HARD, but totally miss the hook. Weed edges near deepwater on the downwind side of points was the ticket, and working the baits fast across the edge of the weeds. Fish seemed to be suspended over those edges. Also got a few on a soft plastic swimbait (5 " Kamakazee Treat in baby bass). Two fish were at or just over three, with 4 around 2 and the rest smaller. It was a WAY better day than I though we'd have, and a buzzbait bite as well in the middle of the day.

Glad to hear that you had a good day. You gotta love those Cavitron buzzbaits, they work sweet.

Glad to hear that i am not the only one throwing Buzzbaits anymore on Lunga. (although my Cavitrons are in the mail).

If you go to eatern most side of Lunga around noon, you will love the buzzbait action. I have caught pike, perch an even a catfish on a buzz bait from Walmart. Especialy since the weather is cooling down a bit.

I think we should all get together an fish Lunga an pond hope all of Quantico. any one interested

memo

You've had better luck on Lunga than I've ever had--and I live 20 minutes away from it!