Sign in to follow this  
Flameseeker

Fishing Belews Lake, NC

I only live about 6 miles from Belews Lake. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I usually put in at the Pine Hall boat landing. I know there are a lot of big bass in the lake because I've seen quite a bit of them. I just fished it today and the temp was 54 degrees. Most of the fish I was marking were 20 to 25 feet down. What lures would you recommend I use? Where are some of the good places to fish on Belews Lake at this time of the year? Any help would sure be helpful. Thanks. :)

Some of my friends have good luck up around the dam area on carolina riggs. If you look over at NCAngler.com you might find a few more locals who know the area pretty well.

my family used to own a boat down there when I was little.  I would always just catch bluegill and stuff. But i have a friend who always fishes there during the winter down by the dam because the water temperature stays higher.  So I'd say just try it down there.

Good luck!

my family used to own a boat down there when I was little. I would always just catch bluegill and stuff. But i have a friend who always fishes there during the winter down by the dam because the water temperature stays higher. So I'd say just try it down there.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'm going tomorrow. I'll have to ride down around the dam and try it out. I went last week but I didn't get to fish long, my batteries went dead for some reason.