Sign in to follow this  
arul

Is the Spawn ON in florida?

Hi all,

It's been really warm the last few weeks, although today brings a little cooler weather.  I was wondering if the fish moved up to spawn yet?  Or maybe this current front, will knock them back for the next patch of warm weather?

I know here in West Palm Beach the bass have started spawning.

I saw a few small males on the beds this weekend, but that was it.

saw big ones moving around but not locked on up on toho, but that was before the weather moved in.  the next warm in connection w/ the right moon should pull in a pretty decent wave imo.

Really? I havent seen any spawning pairs yet. Only bucks poking around. Females have been moving up but not on beds yet.

This cold weather might delay things a bit too.

Really? I havent seen any spawning pairs yet. Only bucks poking around. Females have been moving up but not on beds yet.

This cold weather might delay things a bit too.

I haven't spotted any yet either, and this cold weather is definitely gonna drive 'em back a little bit.

saw big ones moving around but not locked on up on toho, but that was before the weather moved in. the next warm in connection w/ the right moon should pull in a pretty decent wave imo.

you got it!!!!

Lots of little bucks fanning beds, but Momma is still in deeper water here just south of Tampa.  Caught  fat 4.11 and 7.2 lb bass in 12'  two weeks ago. Scheduled to go Friday, but it's gonna be colddddd!

i'm bout to go check in the St. Johns on Friday. Just fished a tourny in Toho last weekend and saw beds but nothing special.

As everyone else said allot rubs, and allot of moving fish but not allot of big girls in the shallows yet.  Soon though

I hate you guys.     ;)  It's going down to 4 degrees tonight in Winchester VA.  

We saw one about 8lb's on a bed in salt spring's run last weekend. Lot's of buck's everywhere though.

i'm bout to go check in the St. Johns on Friday. Just fished a tourny in Toho last weekend and saw beds but nothing special.

I hate you guys. ;) It's going down to 4 degrees tonight in Winchester VA.

I'll trade you.. its -1 and snowing like crazy here in Michigan. We  now have recieved almost 8 feet of snow this season with 2 months of snow left to go  :(

We are heading down to Clearwater in May and I am hoping to take a rental car and find a pond or two I can stop at to catch a descent size bass.  Any suggestions???

I'll trade you.. its -1 and snowing like crazy here in Michigan. We now have recieved almost 8 feet of snow this season with 2 months of snow left to go :(

We are heading down to Clearwater in May and I am hoping to take a rental car and find a pond or two I can stop at to catch a descent size bass. Any suggestions???

If you are familiar with Clearwater at all, look for a place called the Countryside Community Center. There is a small pond accessible to the public from the community center property only. Comdos surround the remaining part of the pond and is private property. The pond is very deep in places up to 20 ft. My personal best from here is 7.5 lbs on a junebug red Zoom trick worm fished Texas rig with a finishing nail in the tail for weight. There are ponds everywhere but most are surrounded by homes and considered private property. The above mentioned place is the best that I have found although I am sure that there are more.

I'll trade you.. its -1 and snowing like crazy here in Michigan. We now have recieved almost 8 feet of snow this season with 2 months of snow left to go :(

We are heading down to Clearwater in May and I am hoping to take a rental car and find a pond or two I can stop at to catch a descent size bass. Any suggestions???

The best tool for finding some ponds is google maps, in Florida basically every pond holds bass. Even small rectangle retention ponds, I have caught monsters out of just random retention ponds and bodies of water that the non fisher would be amazed to know what a good fishery lies within. Just find a parking lot with a good sized retention pond, and onlookers will be amazed when they see you catch a 4 pound bass  ;D

We caught a few 5lbers on the bed in the Everglades right before this cold front, for sure the full moon in Feb it will be ON!