Sign in to follow this  
SirSnookalot

No Place Like Home

Got a late start yesterday and the ocean bite is slow so I went bass fishing.  Not the first I have gone to a notable spot and gone blank for a couple of hours.  On the way home I stop at a small pond  about mile from my home and BAM>>>>>>>>caught several very nice bass, maybe 3-4lb. I don't weigh them.  Just love working a roostertail in the reeds.

No place like home is right! If the snook bite isnt on you always have bass and peacocks!  ;D

I'm never upset catching a P.  Kinda tough now with this colder weather, luckily I have not seen any floaters YET!

Gotta find that warmer water, I hear a few snook have been caught.

Ever fish the Griffin canal?  There is largemouth, peacock, snook and tarpon in that freshwater.

Yeah, I was worried that these last few days might kill some peacocks and even some snook but so far I havnt heard any bad news. I've never fished the Griffin canal but I'm gonna look into it. I'm always on the lookout for new spots!  

There is a spillway at 441 and griffin, you can fish that canal as far as us 27  think, spillway gates won't be open for a long time.