Sign in to follow this  
LCpointerKILLA

Boca Raton Library Lake on Spanish River Dr.

Is the man-made lake at the new Boca Raton Library on Spanish River productive? let me know fellas, thanks

I was there maybe a month ago and at that time there was a slick of weed killer on the water and I got skunked.  I would try it again for sure.  Weed killer is everywhere in the Delray area now, lakes and canals and the bass fishing hasn't been up to its' norm.

Haven't check that lake yet, but it does look fishy!

Don't worry about the spraying, if doesn't hurt the fish. It does generally relocate them, they have to eat every three days. When you see the spraying just go deeper or more off shore, the H2o will be better and you will fine the fish.

Good fishin!

i have passed by it a bunch of times, and it does look fishy, but i don't think you have that much shorline to work with. there are so many other spots near there that i would hit first.

I fished over there and there is a decent amount of shoreline. The canal just behind holds some nice fish but it isn't the easiest canal I have fished. I really haven't seen to many places to fish around there cept maybe some of the office building ponds on Congress closer to Yamato. Like to get into some of the Broken Sound ponds( Old Course)

I have some buddies who live in san marcos at broken sound so I have fished the big pond, and honestly its not worth fishing twice. small fish

I have some buddies who live in san marcos at broken sound so I have fished the big pond, and honestly its not worth fishing twice. small fish

spot on. i have never done that well on the old course. go west young man--boca west that is. don't get caught because the guards are like park rangers with guns. there are some toads in there. i work with a lady whose mom lives in there, so i am on the guest list. good luck killa!

I've never been real comfortable having to sneak on and fish when I have so much public access.  Under normal conditions my ponds are good and my canal behind my home holds really nice fish.  Have pulled out quite few 5-8 pounders.  This year has been a dissapointement, weed killer in the canals and some kind of excavation going on now.  The canal looks like coffee with cream and no sugar, lol not to mention no fish.

My attention is now focused eastward, as far as you can go, if you catch my drift.

I've never been real comfortable having to sneak on and fish when I have so much public access. Under normal conditions my ponds are good and my canal behind my home holds really nice fish. Have pulled out quite few 5-8 pounders. This year has been a dissapointement, weed killer in the canals and some kind of excavation going on now. The canal looks like coffee with cream and no sugar, lol not to mention no fish.

My attention is now focused eastward, as far as you can go, if you catch my drift.

Yeah I catch your drift I'm leaving now to try and catch some fat snook with some buddies

I'll put my response on the other species board.