Sign in to follow this  
starbuck

hiyas all ... anyone help with guntersville?

Hiyas

I am new to the forum...

I will be heading to guntersville lake on the 26th of this month for a few days ... I am from kentucky and I like to bass fish albeit dont get much time off to do it :( ...

does anyone familar with that lake have any suggestions on what will be the better baits / presentations / ETC this time of year at guntersville ... and what parts of the lake or locations or what type of water /structure I should focus on ....

I am trying to alieviate as much water as possible before I leave so I might have a chance at cacthing a few fish while there .... I have never been to guntersville and cuaght any good fish and been there two times in last few years but just got a lake map of the internet of the lake and am trying to figured out a way to put them in the boat this time with homework on the lake ....

any help would be much appreciated

regards

I live in Guntersville. Our home is on Spring Creek. Browns Creek is a place I often fish. Alred's Marina across from Browns creek is another place for me. I also like Seibold and Minky Creek area. With that said, I would suggest putting in at Waterfront on Hwy 79 and fishing the local area, north and south saulty, Mink creek, Goose Pond area, etc. I would suggest jerk baits and rattle baits at this time. I work Tuesdays and Thursdays; so, I will not be fishing the 26th. Perhaps we can get together to talk or fish, but I am not going to put my contact info in cyberspace. If you call Cullman Dental (256)734-1400, you will probably get a recording, but you can leave a mesage with your contact information, and I will try to contact you.

Dr T

Goose Pond, N. Sauty Creek

Jerkbaits and xCalibur xr50's in rayburn red, royal red, gold/black and blue/chrome.

I live in Guntersville. Our home is on Spring Creek. Browns Creek is a place I often fish. Alred's Marina across from Browns creek is another place for me. I also like Seibold and Minky Creek area. With that said, I would suggest putting in at Waterfront on Hwy 79 and fishing the local area, north and south saulty, Mink creek, Goose Pond area, etc. I would suggest jerk baits and rattle baits at this time. I work Tuesdays and Thursdays; so, I will not be fishing the 26th. Perhaps we can get together to talk or fish, but I am not going to put my contact info in cyberspace. If you call Cullman Dental (256)734-1400, you will probably get a recording, but you can leave a mesage with your contact information, and I will try to contact you.

Dr T

I left you a message at the office number you gave me ... we will be driving down the 26th and fishing friday sat and sunday .. we rented a house off 79 on big spring creek with a boat dock swimming pool and believe it or not a PUTTING GREEN - LOL!

It sounds like you live close to where we rented ...

there are 10-12 of us coming down with 5-6 boats ... its a pretty eclectic group of guys ... but if you like good guitar picking at night and good food ... call me back and maybe we can hook up and fish one day together ... my boat can easily handle three - 2008 ranger with 250 pro xs ...

some of the guys are bringing 3-5 inch live shiners with them from ky

ordered 1500 of them HEH ...

i am going to be rattle trap and jerkbait fishing mostly i think unless thye start whacking thme with the shiners

anywho give me a call a couple of really good guitar pickers are coming should be nice at night outside by the dock playing music ETC.

I rarely have the time to fish anywhere but around kentucky lake and dale hollow and barren lake but if you ever decide to make a trip up to fish one of those lakes let me know ... some really good smallmouth fishing and decent largemouth fishing ...

i hope this trip to G-ville is better than the other time I went ... didnt catch any good fish

regards

Goose Pond, N. Sauty Creek

Jerkbaits and xCalibur xr50's in rayburn red, royal red, gold/black and blue/chrome.

once in north sauty ... im looking at the topo map I bought ...

it seems to be broken into 3 parts

1.) the part closest to the main lake

2.) the part between the two bridges

3.) the part past the last bridge way back up into the creek

which of those three areas should i focus on for what litlle time ill have to fish while im there?

I assume the north side would be warmer and better fishing becuase of the sunlight ... whichever of the three sections i fish .. is this the case for this area?

Hit the long riprap bank at the first bridge you encounter.  From the pumphouse all the way along the road.  If you go under the bridge (mind all the crappie rope hanging), hit the bank to your right.

From the Goose Pond ramp, look way across N. Sauty, you should see an island almost at the far bank.  Fish around that island with a trap/jerk/crank.

At the Goose Pond ramp, go under the short bridge and throw a trap and spinnerbait around the marina.  Just follow that little channel all the way out to the main lake.  Club has had a ton of big fish come out of there over the last few years.

From the mouth of N. Sauty, go out into the main river channel and fish the ledges.  Put your boat over the deeper water and throw a trap over the ledge and bring it back.  Or drag a jig down the ledge.

Fish will still be a bit deep.  A lot of it depends on the weather this week.  I was down there the first weekend of March last year, the fish were all around 12' or shallower.

If you've never been on the big G, be mindful of the depth changes.  You can go from 25 FOW to 3 FOW pretty d**n quick.

I'm no expert, but that is what I picked up on last year.  Stop in at the Goose Pond tackle shop and ask what they're biting.  They usually post a report daily on the board.