Sign in to follow this  
teamm3d

lake Talquin

okay guys i need some help!! does anyone have info on lake talquin. i have a tournament there in May. its for our club championship. i appreciate any info thanks.

I am headed there tomorrow and am hooking up with a local who lives on the lake and fishes almost daily. I'll pick his brain and see if I can get some communication started between you and him. He is also a tournament fisherman.

I am headed there tomorrow and am hooking up with a local who lives on the lake and fishes almost daily. I'll pick his brain and see if I can get some communication started between you and him. He is also a tournament fisherman.

Who are you meeting up with?

Be careful on Talquin.  The common line of thinking is that it is not IF you hit a submerged stump, it's WHEN you will hit one.

[movedhere] Tournament Talk [move by] five.bass.limit.

I've had some luck catching bass under trees and in the lilly pads (very limited and lots have died recently, look in the arms of the lake) pitching soft plastics and some jigs.  I have heard that fishing the old creek bed can be productive, but has never panned out for me! :(   Keep us posted I'd love to hear what you find out!  And like olebiker said watch out for the stumps!!!

That is a great resource! Thanks!! How did you come across that?

Do you know the level of the draw down (ft?) ??

I don't know how far down they drew it.  You can buy this photo, laminated, at Tri-State Marine.  

that sounds great let me know.