Sign in to follow this  
riverbuddies3

Leaving for FL today

Will be pulling out for central Fl today with wife and boat. Fishing around the Orlando area, Johns Lake to be exact. Any advise would be helpful, driving 12 hrs to get there.

Hey RB3,Theres some great water in central FL.Johns is good also try Lake Ivanhoe right in downtown,Orlando just off I4.Lake Conway is good to, I have a blue Ranger say I if you see me.My brother and I have been fishing a lot lately,there finely on the beds or just off edge.Try shakey head with Gambler finises worms,and tubes, or a good old Pig/jig (black and blue).You are coming down for a great weekend,Have fun and good fishing!

Thanks for the comeback there hellp, we will be in a 16' aluminum pulling with a white toyota tacoma with Tennessee tags and will be there for 8 days. Planned on doing artifical and shinner fishing. Wife had foot surgery and can not stand any length of time to throw artifical so mostly we will shiner fish using circle hooks.

We will arrive on Sat some time, we are in no hurry. Hope to see you there.

Dont have tags on trailer, hope we dont get caught

XM or Sirus radio is a must.

Get some good books on tape to pass the time.

Watch for state and local law enforcement on the highways so don't speed.

Crackel Barrel has food you can "gum" if you don't have any teeth.

Have a fun time and let us know how you do as we wait for the water temperatures to get into the 60s.  ;)

Hey,RB3 let me know how your doing,Iwill do the same wont be on the water till tomorrow at the Winter Park chain in Orlando another nice lake it is 5 lakes connected together by canals.It is off of HWY 17-92 ,City of Maitland. Big Bass  HELLP

I have pulled all over NC SC and Georgia with no trailer tags, This will probably be the time I get caught. Dont need to speed got  10 days, as long as the wife dont drive. She has a heavy foot