Sign in to follow this  
JYShin

Where can i fish near Shenandoah?

I live in NOVA, and i need to visit Harrisonburg tomorrow

I'd like to fish bass.

any suggestion?

i'll be appriciated if u could give me exact location.

Take 33 East till you see rte 340.  Take 340 north out of Elkton towards Shenandoah.  It's only maybe 5 miles to Shenandoah.  When you come through town turn left at the Mcdonalds.  You will go under a VERY small underpass for the railroad tracks.  Just before you get to the river turn on the little gravel road/parking lot to the left and you can fish the whole stretch up through there.  It's not a real productive area due to the fishing pressure from the locals but it'll get your line wet.  

Just stay on 340 north and it will take you all the way to I-66.  It's a pretty drive and you'll go by MANY places to fish along the way.

Too bad I'm leaving H'burg for vacation tomorrow. I would have gladly shown you some spots.

I would suggest the North River in Bridgewater. From Harrisonburg, if you take Rt. 42 (High Street) south for a few miles you will get to downtown Bridgewater. Take a left just before you cross a bridge and you will see a little park. Park in the available spots and fish under the bridge, and over by the concrete platform (you will know what I mean when you see it). I don't know if the fish are biting right now but you can catch largemouth, smallmouth, and even pike from the shore.

Other than that, I wouldn't really advise the Shenandoah near Harrisonburg right now. There aren't many spots where you can fish from shore without wading and I'm assuming the water temps are still too cold.