Sign in to follow this  
jaw23

Western North Carolina

Wow, somebody finally from Boone! I haven't fished in Boone much, but from what I hear the Watauga River is your best bet. There are plenty of lakes within an hour away though. Watauga lake in TN, Bass Lake in Blowing Rock, Price Lake (a trout lake) off the Blue Ridge Parkway, Buckeye Lake down 321. Those are all of the ones I know of.

You start looking for some trout streams up there, shoot me a PM I can help you find a TON of those. I have spent a lot of time in the NC mountains from Linnville Falls to Jefferson, NC

You can drive down to Morganton or Marion to Lake James for Walleye, White Bass, Smallmouth, and Largemouth. The white bass offer some excititement starting next month!!! Clear Lake though and difficult to bass fish. There is also Lake Hickory and Lake Rhodhiss which are better bass fishing and catfishing lakes.

You can drive down to Morganton or Marion to Lake James for Walleye, White Bass, Smallmouth, and Largemouth. The white bass offer some excititement starting next month!!! Clear Lake though and difficult to bass fish. There is also Lake Hickory and Lake Rhodhiss which are better bass fishing and catfishing lakes.

Lake James is beautiful! they filmed the Last of the Mohicans there,well parts of it.. good fishing too, but the water is gin clear