Sign in to follow this  
buzzkid123

Burke Lake Bass

has anyone been to burke lake recently, and have they had any luck there.  Im going down to see my grandma in two weeks, and i never have been to this lake, so any information would be good.

THANKS

It's possible they could be spawning then. The biggest problem with Burke is that the water is very clear and has been for the past few years. This means that most of the bigger fish will spawn in deeper water. 3 years ago I saw 2 very big fish on

A bed in about 12 ft. Of water. That's not to say you can't find them shallower but your best bet is to get out there in a boat and look for the drops next to the normal spawning flats. Good luck and let us know how you do!!

Like kingofkistler said, this place gets overfished, so bank fishing can be a waste of time.

If you are on the bank, though, I've been catching small large mouth near the boat ramp on stickbaits and spinners. You can see the bigger ones suspended there with them, but I haven't been able to entice them at all.

I did however see someone catch a bigger one over near the dam on what looked like a jig.

Good luck.