Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

Lox report 04-13-09

Loxahatchee wildlife in Boynton Beach is red hot right now for small fish. Dad and I launched about 7:40am and finished at 9:30. Dad used a fly rod with white, yellow and black poppers. I used my U/L spooled with #4 mono and a white beetlespin. We caught approximately 25 bass, 20-30 warmouth perch and a few talapia. Basically start right at the boat ramp and fish along the west bank while trolling north. Troll/drift about 2-3 hundred yards and then start all over again. The bass were all about a pound up to 1.25 pounds.

The flyrod / ultralight action definately makes catching the small bass alot of fun. Hopefully some of these fish will mature into lunkers.

I am wondering where all the quality bass are in the everglades.

Maybe the water levels might need to drop a little bit more to get them off the flats.

My son and I went to alligator alley where it intersects with the miami canal last friday, SE boat ramp. We had the same sucess. I caught 20 small bass on my first 20 casts (no bull). Most were 12-15". We probably combined for 100 bass in four hours time. I caught a 3 lb cichlid, and a few meaty warmouth. I threw the warmouth back but next time I go out, I might take a few home for the bbq.

Sounds like you had a fun time.

I go to a double secret pond with my ultra light and can catch 20+ in an hour or less.

All are small dinks but a LMB is a LMB.

I know the fun you had.

Can't wait to ready where "momma" takes your bait and makes a run for it on your ultralight.  :)

Went out yesterday, 4-13-09, late afternoon, more to run the boat after servicing to make sure all was good.  Ran from the Southern Blvd. on the north end down to the flats. My buddy and I ended up catching 8 fish in about 2 1/2 hours of fishing.  The biggest went 4lbs on a 10" worm on the canal south of the flats.  The other bass came off Spro frogs and flukes.  

Bassn' we need to hook up and go to the Stick Marsh or Farm Pond, my boat or yours?  It looks like its on FIRE!!  A weekday would be best.

SF, check you PM

Can't wait to ready where "momma" takes your bait and makes a run for it on your ultralight. :)

Man, I thought a small lake in a friend of mine's neighborhood had nothing but dinks in it. Somehow I managed to fight that 5 pounder to the shore on my UL! Probably the best fight I've ever had with a bass! 8-)

I went to Lox today. It was pretty crowded.

2 mudfish and 3 small bass.

I think I am done with Lox for a while.