Sign in to follow this  
kingofkistler

NO.VA Guys!

Bealeton, Va

I'm a Deputy

There are lots.... If you live near let me know Im always looking for someone to fill in.

We have a lot of guys from Northern Virginia on the Forum.

Look at the varous posts in this section and you will see who they are.

Very nice guys.  :)

Springfield here. I mainly fish the Occoquan Reservoir. Short afternoon trips to Huntsman. Good luck.

I go to school at JMU but I live in Falls Church when I am at home. It looks like I will be living at home for at least a little while after I graduate in May so I will be around the area for at least a little while longer.

My "go to" is no longer here but he is also a huge Kistler fan. Maybe you can come along the next time I fish with him.

I fish the occoquan reservoir as well, and also fish the potomac and other southern VA lakes.

Went out to Aquia last friday caught 20 on lipless crankbaits in the grassbeds best 5 went over 15lbs. ;)

I fish the occoquan reservoir as well, and also fish the potomac and other southern VA lakes.

Went out to Aquia last friday caught 20 on lipless crankbaits in the grassbeds best 5 went over 15lbs. ;)

Where do you fish?? I fish out on the Potomac in Aquia ALL the time.

In Aquia??? I just got a bass boat and a truck so now I can get out wherever. I'm only 18 so it was a bit of a problem before. I hit aquia for the first time last friday and we fished shallow docks in the mouth, we didn't go back into the creek. We launched at willows landing (i believe.....) and went through the no wake and fished past there. Great day, started off on shallow docks with jigs and plastics and later moved deeper and the fish were caught by ripping lipless baits through the grass. Even got a nice one on a spro swimbait!!

In Aquia??? I just got a bass boat and a truck so now I can get out wherever. I'm only 18 so it was a bit of a problem before. I hit aquia for the first time last friday and we fished shallow docks in the mouth, we didn't go back into the creek. We launched at willows landing (i believe.....) and went through the no wake and fished past there. Great day, started off on shallow docks with jigs and plastics and later moved deeper and the fish were caught by ripping lipless baits through the grass. Even got a nice one on a spro swimbait!!

Thats what they have been biting on so far.... but give it a couple of weeks and everything will change...

Springfield

Construction Inspector

Getting ready to move back to Richmond in the coming months, though.

I haven't had a whole lot of luck up here in this area.  When I have a little bit of time I'll hit up Burke Lake just so I can say I got some fishing in.  Otherwise I just stick with catfishing on the Occoquan River at the park.  I'm getting a boat this summer, which will open up more for me, BUT...I'll be back in Richmond on the good old James River.

I've only gone to Fountainhead once, not much luck, any suggestions for that place if I find time to rent a boat and hit it up before I move?  

Fredericksburg, VA here . . .

Just got my 1st real boat, and trying to work out my schedule to get some fisshing in soon.

Cal