Sign in to follow this  
Triton_Mike

Allatoona Report (Pics)

Water Temperature: 72

Water Clarity: 4 feet or greater

Water Temp early 70's Water Clarity mostly clear Water level .99ft above full pool Moon Phase 57%

toonacombo.jpg

Fishing for numbers is on fire now on Allatoona. I'm averaging 20+ a trip and at times pushing over 30 and missing bunches more. Really alot of things are working but I think you'll be hard pressed to find a bait that catches more numbers than the 4 inch Senko. The key for me is to do the "run and shoot" offense. Either you are on them or your not and keep running and shooting until you find them. Spots are very very close to start their spawning ritual and the largemouths are at the very tipsy end of their spawning season.

I was out with the DNR electro fishing for 2 days this past week and I saw very little spot spawning activity that I can see. I did a full report in the General Fishing section on my outing on AllatoonaBass.com

Shell Crackers are just about to start spawning as well with some in the mix now and I will be doing some shell cracker trips this year for those that have kids. We have some massive shell crackers in Allatoona. Here is a trip I did with my 3 year old last year and was the first time ever he has been fishing with his dad in the boat :). We rigged up his snoopy rod and he went to work on these fish and caught well over half of them on his own while I was taking them off and re baiting his hook.

shellcrackerkevin.jpg

Good luck out there :). The fish are biting so go fishing!

Mike