Sign in to follow this  
mase088

Lake Logan Martin Advice

Anyone have any tips for me this time of year? I have a tournament there tomorrow and decided to see if I could get any last minute advice.

I've have tried several times to get advice on Logan Martin. I don't think there is anyone on BR who fishes it regularly. It's one of my favorite Spotted bass lakes. There are some Magnums in there. Good luck this morning.

Thanks for wishing me luck, unfortunately I didn't have any. My boaters motor locked up about half way to where we wanted to go up river. So we were forced to troll along bluff walls all day. I did manage to get 5 keepers and a few small ones. On the occasional instance we ran into some docks, I caught them on a spinnerbait. On one dock that had a rock pile under it that was in about an 3 inches of water, managed to get a topwater bite swimming a swim senko over it.

Also adding to the crappy situation, we fished about 50 yards behind someone all morning, every time a boat would pick up and go, another one would come and set down a little bit in front of us.

The day definitely could have gone better.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time out there.  I used to live in Pell City, AL right on that lake.  It provided some of the best stripe fishing that I have had to this day.  I used to work in a bait and tackle shop there and I got to see many large fish pulled out of that lake.  Good luck to you if you visit the lake again.