Sign in to follow this  
mlpauley

In Hampton, Virginia....

What would yall consider the best fishery for electric motors only that is around hampton, virginia?

Newport News Reservior.

Is that Lee Hall resevoir?  And what are some good lures and colors if you dont mind sharing.  And possibly spots haha?

I don't fish it but a good friend does.

He throws regular stuff, like Senkos, finesse worms and crankbaits.

He is learning the trick worm presentation and he missed a big bass last week.  He is still sick over it. She blasted out of the water for the pink trick worm and he was so stunned that when he set the hook it was too late.

Just go out and try your luck.  ;)

Yup me and my dad are gonna go this weekend if we have any weather. Will let ya know how we did

Lee Hall Reservoir is pretty decent.  There aren't a huge number of bass, but it does produce some big fish.

Water in Lee Hall Res comes out of the Chickahominy River.   Water clarity is tea-stained with lots of grass and weeds.  It is not a particularly treble-hook-friendly lake.  I'd concentrate on plastics.   Plastics in green pumpkin, watermelon, red shad, shad all work well here.

The best place for a big fish is on the west side of the I-64 overpass.  If you are putting your own boat out, travel along the right lakeside and turn right under the overpasses.  Go back to were all the standing timber is.  Anywhere in this area is good.