Sign in to follow this  
Hawg Fan

YUM Wooly Bugs

So I just picked up a couple of packs (Blue, Crawfish) so I could give them a try (to be honest i just think they look cool  8-)) , it seems like almost every bait company has a version of these but I was at walmart and I just couldnt make it out without looking at the fishing stuff that I've seen a thousand times before. Anyways, how do you guys rig and fish them. I was thinking about putting a 3/8 or 1/4 Bullet sinker texas rig and just working it like I do my jigs but I just wanted to see what other techniques there were.

Thanks,

Hawg Fan

I always fish mine weightless and T-Rigged. Use weight according to wind conditions. Call me stupid, but it took me 19 years to discover crawfish move backwards.  :) So make sure you rig them that way.

LOL  :). Thanks for the post! I need to get used to fishing weightless. I just hate it, but I think its because I have so much success on jigs, and then switching to weightless just feels funny and messes with me mentally.

Amazing bait, you made a good buy. I rig them with a 2/0 EWG and mostly fish them weightless. Its a great bait fished weightless, and especially when slowly pulled ontop of the heavy muck twitched along like you would a hollow frog. The advantage to this, is that a hollow frog cannot fall into the open holes within the muck.

When using it weightless, I find it works best casted into patches of pads, let it fall slowly down, and just twitch/walk it, then bring it back to the top, and let it fall etc, repeat.