Sign in to follow this  
SenkoBasser

Rage Toads

Just bought some Rage Toads. Anyone use these yet? The review says they work best as a topwater but they feel a wee bit too heavy. Suggestions?

I got the Green Pumpkin Pearl Belly.

post-12339-130162876231_thumb.jpg

They are great topwater baits. They are reeled along the surface like a buzzbait. Another good product that they make is the Rage Tail Minnow. It is also a topwater lure but it gives more splash.

I used them the other day for a little bit. I used one a #5 Zoom Frog hook. Caught one after about 15 minutes along the grass. Reeled it in like a buzz bait. One thing I noticed is they do have more action compared to the other frogs I have used in the past.

Good Luck, KooK

AI, I have best luck with a 5/0 EWG superline hook. And ck the feet for the tiny tabs that hold feet to legs. If they are still attached just pop them loose. They are there to reduce deformation in the package. Even if some deformation occurs, you can place them on their back on a cookie sheet in 170 degree oven for 10 or 20 minutes. Then they are perfect again. In fact any deformed soft plastic bait can be reformed in the same fashion. I like this method over placing baits in hot or near boiling water. Good fishing

Big O

www.ragetail.com