Sign in to follow this  
Avalonjohn44

Is it time to start hoarding soft plastics?

Plastics are made from oil/petroleum, and with prices going nuts, is it time to start stocking up on soft plastic baits?  Or hard plastic baits, for that matter?  Or am I panicking too soon?  The bait monkey is getting that look in his eye...

Alright, poor choice of words... Is it time to double the stockpiles while the prices are where they're at?   ;D

Alright, poor choice of words... Is it time to double the stockpiles while the prices are where they're at? ;D

YES!!!  I have already got a two week jump on you so you better get to buying. :) ;D

To be perfectly honest, I have sufficient supply on hand already to last for the forseeable future.  Of course, that won't keep me from buying more.  The baitmonkey can be very persuasive.    :)

Hoarding?  Oh heck, I can easily be accused of that already!  I still have plastics from the late 80's that I STILL use today!! LOL  I'm trying to use them up, but dangit if new baits somehow show up on the doorstep ever so often!   ;D

I have enough lures I could open my own tackle store.  But man, it sure is fun to catch bass on lures they don't make anymore.  I like to "old school" folks during a tournament.   :)

I'm always buying new plastics and thinking of new ways to fish them. Nothing wrong with hoarding them. I have a whole cabinet full of tubes, grubs, worms, lizards, senkos, flukes, frogs, craws, and just about anything else you can think of.