Sign in to follow this  
A.Do?

Walkin the dog on spinning gear

I have some walkers i wanted to try out but i can't seem to get the right action with my spinning gear.  I've tried it on 14# flouro but not working out too great.  Do i have to use mono? Is it my retrieve? Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

If it is my line, is it ok to just tie a leader?

Flouro sinks, so that may be the prob right there if you're fishing topwaters.

I have some walkers i wanted to try out but i can't seem to get the right action with my spinning gear. I've tried it on 14# flouro but not working out too great. Do i have to use mono? Is it my retrieve? Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

If it is my line, is it ok to just tie a leader?

Yes, it's your line.  Use that same 14# mono for top water and see the difference it's the firsst choice of most topwater guys.  Reel type has nothing to do with it, it's line type and cadence of your retrieve.

would a mono leader work? how long?

At least 24" and 36-48" even better. Also try twitching up and down instead of side to side. Leave some slack in the line between you and the bait too. Doing these two things should make quite a difference.

I like a to hold my spinning rod at 10:00 position for walking spook type baits.  Also change your line to one that floats, I personally like Power pro for everything.

Power pro, isn't that braided? I heard braided lines are bad because they are too light and the lure can float over the line catching the hooks.