Sign in to follow this  
darthhulapopper

walking worms and clear water

im going fishing at bull shoals lake this summer...either july or august and i had some questions. first...iv never fished a clear water lake before and im curious about color and presentation. top waters? spinners? crankbaits? live bait? rubber worms?  speaking of worms....iv been reading about the walking worm lure. iv read different things. some people say its the best thing since the invention of the wheel and then iv read its pure junk. infomercial crap. has anyone here actually tried them? it sounds good on paper but then again for all i know it may be toilet paper. is natural colors beter in clear water or do they still hit chartruse and brighter colors? thanks for your help.

I don't know anything about the walking worm, but last time I was at Bull Shoals, we were catching them on 1 oz. football jigs, green pumpkin shakey heads, and sometimes a dropshot.

Dont buy those walking worms, its a piece of plastic ingeniously designed to catch fisherman. The thing might catch a fish or two, but get a finnesse worm and throw it on a shakey head, and you can probably do better. I like to throw x-raps and huskey jerks in clear water, along with senkos, tubes, and shakey head rigs.

Dont buy those walking worms, its a piece of plastic ingeniously designed to catch fisherman. The thing might catch a fish or two, but get a finnesse worm and throw it on a shakey head, and you can probably do better. I like to throw x-raps and huskey jerks in clear water, along with senkos, tubes, and shakey head rigs.

I agree. DO NOT buy walking worms

I found an unopened set at the flea market and almost laughed in the guy's face who was selling them.

-searoach