Sign in to follow this  
uicdent11

How to fish floating worm?

I bought a pack of BPS pink floating worms. My question is, how do you fish them? Also, what size hooks and weight work best in each situation. Thanks,

Jon

Light wire hook...I throw them out and give it a few jerks and let it sit...kinda like fishing a popper. If you can see the worm, you know what its doing so the fish will tell you how they want it when they bite it.

Good luck!

on any light wire hook     keep your rod tip high at all times!!!   i like to cast them out let them sit then jerk it so it looks like a snake coming across the water pretty fast to get the fish' attention then pause     then ilike to put a few really little jerks on the fish so it just twitches on the surface.   Usually this is when i will have the bite   if the fish is really active i would repeat but if not i would just put a few twitches on it then pause    my favorite floating worm is the strike king 3x finesse worm

I throw them on a 2/0 ewg hook and fish'em in a walk the dog motion . If you use to big of a hook the worm won't float . Good luck

These worms dont truly float,but they stay on top so well or sink so slowly that is the name of a technique.Some brands sink faster than others such as a zoom trickworm.

At first it does help to use the bright colors like white or pink so you can keep good track of how the lure is acting.

Basically on top like he said but also you can work it like a fluke.It will VERY slowly sink.Twitch,twitch,pause,sink,twitch,you get the idea.

I would also like to add the it is important with this and any "weightless technique" to maintain a good bit of slack in the line and try to keep the rod at about 10:00or so. Doing this will insure that the lure has the free moving erratic action and will stay in the strike zone longer. You want to concentrate on snapping the line with your wrist and not pulling the lure through the water.

Fish tend to slurp these rather easily and you will usually feel a well defined tick or see a swirl near the surface.In one motion drop the rod,reel the slack tight and give em the newest lip piercing fashion.

Good luck,as this is one of my favorite ways to fish.

Deadly on inactive post spawn bass  ;)

Rig it Wacky, weightless Texas, or add a split shot for finesse Carolina rig.

Move to the first break line near spawning flats & work any available cover.