Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Bluegill Swimbait on Bass Pro's TV Show?

On the Bass Pro's TV show today they were fishing swimbaits. At the end the show he was fishing a big bluegill swimbait,do any of you know what the bluegill bait is called and where can I get some? I don't think he said who made that bait!

Check out Mattlures.com.

-searoach

Check out Mattlures.com.

-searoach

I don't think these are the same swimbaits that he was using. The one he was fishing was kind of jointed.

I think these are the one he was fishing. But OH BOY $ 30.00 a pop, we have alot of them fish with BIG teeth,and to have one of them eat that $ 30.00 bait I would be lost for words!

Yup, that's the one.

If it was the one with Jason Quinn, he was using the Tru-Life swimbait.

No, he wasn't. The one he was using had a transparent tail like the Reaction Strike. Also, the one he was using had 3 jointed segments, the Tru Tungsten has 4 segments.

I just watched the episode on my DVR again, it is definitely the Reaction Strike

Try a Jackall Giron.

*** Jackall Giron

Try a Jackall Giron.

*** Jackall Giron

yeah, that's a little bit cheaper of an option for a similar type of bait to what Quinn was  using. Micro, does it have the same sort of action that a 3 or 4 segment swimbait would have? I would think that with less hinges, there would be less S-like swim action.

Try a Jackall Giron.

*** Jackall Giron

yeah, that's a little bit cheaper of an option for a similar type of bait to what Quinn was using. Micro, does it have the same sort of action that a 3 or 4 segment swimbait would have? I would think that with less hinges, there would be less S-like swim action.

Yeah you're right, it isnt the Tru-Life.

I know you asked Micro this, but I have a few Girons, and I love them. They're great for lakes I fish around here. It has a little less action than 3 or 4 segment swimbait, but it still has great action. Only thing is, you have to reel it pretty slow to get the right action.

Thanks for the info Bass XL, that's pretty much what I figured. All of these baits look good but if I get one, I don't wanna spend a ton of money on it.

Thanks for the info Bass XL, that's pretty much what I figured. All of these baits look good but if I get one, I'm don't wanna spend a ton of money on it.

XXX

yeah, that's a little bit cheaper of an option for a similar type of bait to what Quinn was using. Micro, does it have the same sort of action that a 3 or 4 segment swimbait would have? I would think that with less hinges, there would be less S-like swim action.

It doesn't ungulate through the water, but it has a very nice action nonetheless.  

i wonder how well these work compared to other swimbaits i use several diferent ones but $30 is it gonna catch fish have any of you used here ib the south east

The jackall giron is nothing like the bull bream that I designed for reaction strike.  The tru life is a great bait but the bait Jason was using on the bass pro show  was my bull bream.  I hop hope this clears the air a bit.

Mike

Mike, that's really cool to be involved with the design and production of a bait, especially such a beautiful one, great job.