Sign in to follow this  
Tin

North Cadalaca vs. Duke

Well because of the weather and the crazy week I'm staying in tonight and watching some basketball. What's the score going to be and who will win?

I'm thinking 73-68 Duke

Well because of the weather and the crazy week I'm staying in tonight and watching some basketball. What's the score going to be and who will win?

I'm thinking 73-68 Duke

Carolina by 8

I am pulling for Carolina, Not sure about the score. I believe it will go down to the wire. I will say Carolina by 3 or 4 points.

I hope Duke by 15+.

Sorry Burley but  I do not think that will happen. Duke struggled against State, who in my opinion is the worst basketball team in the State of North Carolina. And that includes the smaller schools like UNCW, Davidson, and ECU.

But they beat UNC State by 20 earlier in the year and beat UNC by 11 last time, that was also at UNC's home court. So 15 is very possible.

But they beat UNC State by 20 earlier in the year and beat UNC by 11 last time, that was also at UNC's home court. So 15 is very possible.

Yes, but in both games against NC State they struggled. State just sucks so bad that they allowed them to come back in both games, Also, in the first game against Carolina, Ty Lawson did not play. The Heels are a different team without him. They play at a slower pace. I am not knocking Duke. I do not like them as far a athletics go. I do think they are a good team and I respect what Coach K has done, I just do not think they are playing great basketball right now. It should be a good game as usual. UNC's record as #1 against Duke is 7-1.

Yes, but in both games against NC State they struggled. State just sucks so bad that they allowed them to come back in both games, Also, in the first game against Carolina, Ty Lawson did not play. The Heels are a different team without him. They play at a slower pace. I am not knocking Duke. I do not like them as far a athletics go. I do think they are a good team and I respect what Coach K has done, I just do not think they are playing great basketball right now. It should be a good game as usual. UNC's record as #1 against Duke is 7-1.

Terrapins...(cough)  :-X

I think Dicky V is a little too excited.  He is going to need a shirt change at half.....

NC 80-71

2x

Paulus just got posterized by Greene.  Wow!

This is a different team with Lawson.

NC 80-71

2x

Paulus just got posterized by Greene. Wow!

This is a different team with Lawson.

You got that right. One half down, one more to go. I think we might beat Puke, I mean Duke.

Just want to go on record as saying I despise Dick Vitale.

Took me a while, but I finally found the mute button on the remote.

I hate it when ESPN is the only network carrying the game.  Gotta get me a delay so I can watch the games the way they are suppose to be watched - they way I watched them for years - with Woody on the radio.

Lol, Hansbrough is going to be the color of Duke's away uniforms tomorrow. ;D

Just to clarify - becuase Dick Vitale is a #$%^& - there is no such thing as an ACC Regular Season champion!

Vitale keeps going on and on about "playing for the ACC regular season Championship" and there is no such thing! The regular seaon record sets the ACC tournament seeds - the best record is the tournament seed #1.

As usual, "mr college basketball" is clueless.

Just to clarify - becuase Dick Vitale is a #$%^& - there is no such thing as an ACC Regular Season champion!

Vitale keeps going on and on about "playing for the ACC regular season title" and there is no such thing! The regular seaon record sets the ACC tournament seeds - the best record is the tournament seed #1.

As usual, "mr college basketball" is clueless.

Relax EJ, your team won ;D

That was one heck of a game, I got so excited I almost forgot that I just had spinal surgery. If Carolina wins the ACC tourney and gets the #1 seed in the East, we could go all the way to the Final Four without leaving the State of North Carolina.

Go Heels!!!

Big T

Thanks preach4bass.  Got a little excited.  That was a Coach K thing that started years ago in the late 80's.  During Duke's comeback, when they tied it up, Vitale kept talking about it, just mentioned it again in the post game wrap up.

WIth all that said.....

Was another good game.  Was amazed my beloved heels held them to 0 pts last 5 minutes.  Once again, Jimmy V. had it right -

- win the last 5 mins of the first half (UNC)

- win the first 5 mins of the 2nd half (even but will give it to UNC)

- win the last 5 mins of the second half (UNC)

and you will win the game.

Amazing how often that's reality.

Totally different team with Ty Lawson on the court.  

In the words of Mr. V

"Congrats to UNC, regular season champs"  ;D