Sign in to follow this  
Bassboy15

Golf

Hey everyone, along with fishing season, comes GOLF! I get to play with my highschool this year and I'm really looking foward to it! Just wondering who all plays here? And if you guys knew of any good sites to buy stuff or get tips?

BB15

I played religiously till I got my boat last July. I have played 54 of the top 100 public courses in the US. All of our vacations revolved around going where those courses were. But now if it is nice enough to golf then I'd rather be fishing. And when I think of $60 greens fees all I see is 4 lucky crafts.

As far as clubs and such goes . You can find good deals on ebay. And as far as learning goes get a teacher and stick with him. Bouncing from magazine article to magazine article with tips from different pros who swing different ways will just screw you up.

Good luck this year.

You can almost trust a golfer as much as a fisherman.

A young man, who was also an avid golfer, found himself with a few hours to spare one afternoon. He figured that if he hurried and played very fast, he could get in 9 holes before he had to head home. Just as he was about to tee off, an old gentleman shuffled onto the tee and asked if he could accompany the young man as he was golfing alone. Not being able to say no, he allowed the old man to join him.

To his surprise, the old man played fairly quickly. He didn't hit the ball far, but plodded along consistently and didn't waste much time. Finally, they reached the 9th fairway and the young man found himself with a tough shot. There was a large pine tree right in front of his ball and directly between his ball and the green. After several minutes of debating how to hit the shot, the old man finally said, "You know, when I was your age, I'd hit the ball right over that tree."

With that challenge placed before him, the youngster swung hard, hit the ball up, right smack into the top of the tree trunk and it thudded back on the ground not a foot from where it had originally lay.

The old man offered one more comment, "Of course, when I was your age, that pine tree was only 3 feet tall."

Use to golf at least twice a week before getting serious into fishing. I don't think I went 5 times last summer. Hard to do both on a nice day. I do miss it sometimes though.

I used to play or practice 4 times a week, played to a 5 handicap.  Then had to have a cornea transplant on my left eye, lost depth perception for about a year.  I re-took up fishing durning that time and haven't touched a golf club since, that was 3.5 years ago.  

Im on the golf team, its pretty fun. I recommend getting lessons. No matter how good you are they can always help. As for playing always think positive and try to have a good time, if you hit a bad shot its over, try not to let it ruin your next shot or the rest of the day.

I got into golf a few years back and it really cut into my fishing.  I liked golf and it was a real challenge.  I still play about twice a year during a couple company tournaments.  I just like fishing too much to get back into it.

Golf was my favorite thing to do - played college ball too (although our team was not very good compared to southern teams).  Once I graduated college, I started focusing more on fishing, and now fishing has totally taken golf's place.  Just cancelled my golf course membership this winter because it's not worth paying that money when I played maybe 20 rounds all last year.

This year I might just play a handfull of team tournaments, but I think for now I'm pretty much done  8-)

Lol, I was just remembering, in the past I only looked forward to spring because the golf course would open.  That hasn't occurred to me once this year - all I care about is ice-out and water temp  ;D

I've only been once...with my brother when I was fifteen. I would slice it like a mofo. He'd say "Go pick up your ball and throw it towards the green".

I would walk over to my ball and chuck it as hard as I could toward the flag. So yea, that was fun. I did sink something like a 15' put and everyone freaked out. Didn't really mean much to me though as I've hit many hole in one's at the put put course.  ;D

My other addiction.  Used to play just about everyday in the summer when I worked at a golf course through late high school and early college.  Then I moved away to college and didn't pick up a club for 3 years.

Last year I slowly started picking it up again, and by the end of the year it was a full blown addiction again.

Why are all these hobbies so expensive!!! :-[

Sorry guys I couldn't resist ;D

100dreamcarslj7.jpg

Yup my dad and i are golfing this year since he just bought a set of taylor made r7s ive been golfing for 2 years

There's one reason I never really got into golf: it was just too **** hot!

I really don't know how yall stand around out there in the open during summer.

I put the fishing rods down around 1980 to take a break from bass fishing and played the game for around 3 years.  Got down to about an 8 handicap playing around 27-36 holes a week.  Plateaued and lost interest.  I've played around 10 rounds in the last 20 years.  I just don't have the time not too mention I'd need brand new clubs if I wanted to pick up the game again seriously.

I love to play Golf but not as much as I love fishing. Golf is so dang expensive around here in So CA. Green fees can be big bucks at some of the courses. Haven't played in over 5 years and don't miss it all that much.