Sign in to follow this  
.ghoti.

whos, really man's best friend?

A dog is truly a man's best friend.

If you don't believe it, try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for one hour.

When you open the trunk, which one is really happy to see you?

lol

Hey guys, have you ever heard of a bird ( Cockatoo more specifically ) having a foul mouth from its owner?  My uncle was telling me about his buddy who had a bird who would cuss all the time and when he tried to get rid of it he couldn't because he was so vulger... I guess its possible but i've never heard of this, have you?

NaterD, that actually happens all the time. We've known some people that have had this happen to them.  African Greys actually pick stuff up really quick. My mom's will pick stuff up in as quick as a week or 2.

You don 't think I 'm gonna do that experiment, do you ?

It 's called self preservation ....... BTW, I know my dog is goinng to be happy to see me when I open the trunk so, why torture it by putting it inside of the trunk with my wife for an hour ?.

I've heard those birds are insanely intelligent, I just can't imagine owning a pet that might outlive me let alone learn to speak stuff in a week... im only 20 :)  Are they fun to have around bassdocktor?

You don 't think I 'm gonna do that experiment, do you ?

It 's called self preservation ....... BTW, I know my dog is goinng to be happy to see me when I open the trunk so, why torture it by putting it inside of the trunk with my wife for an hour ?.

Hilareous!

NaterD, it is and it isn't. African Greys can get picky about who they like. I helped hand feed it and now it only like my mom. If I walk past the cage it tries to bite me.

However, it is cool to listen to the bird. She associates stuff so ypu'll say goodbye to some one and she'll say it back. OR..... she'll hear the dogs do something bad and start yelling at them. That is definitely pretty cool.