Sign in to follow this  
BUCKEYEone

Got my dream job!

Just got the phone call a couple hours ago.  I have been volunteering with the Red Cross since I got out of the Army last year, and recently interviewed for the position "manager of Emergency and Health and Safety Services."  I'm so unbelievably pumped to start this job it is absurd.  I still have to meet with them and negotiate salary/benefits etc., but that is the least important part.  A career doing what I love to do as a volunteer?  Yes please!  

sidenote:  This will mean training all over the U.S., which in turn means fishing new lakes!  Time to buy a travel rod/reel!

Congratulations. Nice to see someone's dream come true.

God bless you in your new endeavor!! Having been a public servant in education for the last 16 years, there's nothing like doing something that you are passionate about. Here's my .02 though: Make sure that as much monies as possible goes directly to the people being served!! That's one of my biggest hang-ups about alot of relief organizations.

-Fisher