Sign in to follow this  
Other.

Excited about possible SSL (community service) opportunity

(You can skip this wall of text if you want)

At my highschool we need a certain amount of SSL (Student Service Learning) We need 75 to be exact. Well I was at the DNR website for Maryland and they have an animal shelter at one of the parks that is literary 2 minutes from my house. They are looking for an "animal care aid" for students ages 14 and up and are offering SSL hours. I called the number it gave me but I got the answering machine. Later I left the house to enjoy the beautiful day then a lady called back and my mom talked to her. Pretty much it is a very popular thing she said. So I am not sure if I am even going to get the part. However this is something I really want to do and I do not mind doing it.

What I need to do is write an email to this guy named Glenn and I guess sort of describing myself on why I am the perfect person for this job. However I really do not know what to include as I am not a very good writer but I do not want that to be a reason why I do not get the part. So I just need some tips on what to include in the email which is going to some DNR person.

GAHH I am so excited I will die if I do not get the part!!! I love animals and getting to care for all of the animals at the center would be a good experience.