Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Stewart leaving JGR?

Both ESPN and SI are reporting that Tony Stewart has asked to be released from his Joe Gibbs Racing contract that runs through the 2009 season.

SI is also reporting that Stewart is negotiating with Haas Racing.

i stayed with him after the toyota switch but if he does end up leaving JGR i will switch drivers

Forget tony stewart, he aint worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on.

Well said, he's one driver I could do without.  Heck, I may even like Jimmy Spencer more than Stewart.  Tony has what I like to refer to as the 'Rusty Wallace Syndrome.'  The main side effect is it's never his fault.

Chevy sponsors Stewarts WoO and Sprint/midget teams and is also the official car of his racetrack (Eldora).  Rumors have GM ready to buy out his 2009 contract from Gibbs.

We'll see.  

I heard that he wants to get back in a chevy. I heard him and rcr are in talks.

I like the sound of that give my man Jeff Burton a solid teammate. I like Tony Stewart, and his screw everyone attitude, its entertaining.

I will admit to a little bit of schadenfreude this year when it comes to Stewart's relatively poor showing so far.  I can't abide a whiner.

I wish he would get sponsored by Gillette and have to shave before going out in public.

I will admit to a little bit of schadenfreude this year when it comes to Stewart's relatively poor showing so far. I can't abide a whiner.

I wish he would get sponsored by Gillette and have to shave before going out in public.

i know that im biased but how has he had a poor showing this year. cant remember were exactly he is in the standings i think around 7 but he has been consitantly in the top 10's and 5's.

I will admit to a little bit of schadenfreude this year when it comes to Stewart's relatively poor showing so far. I can't abide a whiner.

i know that im biased but how has he had a poor showing this year. cant remember were exactly he is in the standings i think around 7 but he has been consitantly in the top 10's and 5's.

That's why I said "relatively".  He hasn't won yet.  Most anyone else would be tickled with his season so far.

I like Tony Stewart, he has that bad boy attitude. He is not like most of these new drivers that are affraid of speaking their mind. I think he should switch teams, just from a business stand point. If he owns Chevrolet dealerships and they sponsor his other teams why is the world would he want to continue to drive for Toyota.

I like Tony Stewart, he has that bad boy attitude. He is not like most of these new drivers that are affraid of speaking their mind. I think he should switch teams, just from a business stand point. If he owns Chevrolet dealerships and they sponsor his other teams why is the world would he want to continue to drive for Toyota.

personally id stay with toyota just because they have the money and give him a better shot at winning, not to mention he probobly wont be going to a good team unles he goes with RCR and that will hurt his chances as well