Sign in to follow this  
DaHorns

BBQ For The Troops - 6/5/2008 - Ft. Hood, Tx

Guys, I need some help here. We are putting on a BBQ for another group of soldiers (5th Brigade, 1st Cav) heading out to Iraq. We participated in one at Ft. Hood last year and it was VERY fulfilling. We show up on 6/4 and cook all night then have a service team that feeds everyone, the count they gave us is 9,000 troops and their families (we did 10,000 last year). We can use all the help we can get, and anything you can do is GREATLY appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, or if you have my # give me a call. Thanks!

I know a few of y'all have some big smokers as well, we can use all the cooking space we can get too. We cooked up almost 7,000 LBS of brisket, pork butts, and sausage, wont be quite that much this year, but still will be at least a couple tons of meat. Last year we had a guy come all the way from Alabama to help us out. Even if you don't have a smoker, we can utilize your assistance.

If the date is on the 5th, I might be able to help out.  I'm a soldier in 3rd HBCT in 1-12 CAV.  Not sure what you need or if I am 100% clear that weekend yet, but lemme know if there is any kind of help you need.  I can't do much in the way of $$$, but maybe I can help another way.  Maybe I can get a bunch more helpers if I tell my commander about it ;D ;D

If the date is on the 5th, I might be able to help out. I'm a soldier in 3rd HBCT in 1-12 CAV. Not sure what you need or if I am 100% clear that weekend yet, but lemme know if there is any kind of help you need. I can't do much in the way of $$$, but maybe I can help another way. Maybe I can get a bunch more helpers if I tell my commander about it ;D ;D

Nope, no money.  Just your time and assistance to help slice, serve, general help.  All food, plates, plasticwear, drinks, pretty much everything you can think of is donated.  The only thing we brought was food for ourselves and beverages of choice.  I appreciate your interest and offer for help.  We set up at the stadium last year, I'm sure that where we will be again.