Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Les Miles dismisses Quarterback Ryan Perrilloux

Its about time.

Great news for the team as Miles is not playing favorites.

Hatch should be fun to watch as our QB.

As for Ryan, another kid with a lot of potential down the drain. It is depressing.

Sorry state of affairs for Ryan. Maybe he can go to Southern or Grambling for his last two years and then go to the NFL.

I wish him, his girlfriend and their baby all the best.

I think the coach was right, if you cause trouble and just plain suck why should you still be around?

-searoach

Ryan Perrilloux didn't exactly suck. He showed great promise (this coming from a volunteer  :o). He had great stats for a back up and won the SEC Championship. However, off the field trouble is something that every coach should handle. It hurts the focus of the overall team, ie. Mich Vick. I wish the best of luck to him and maybe he'll clean up his act.

He deserved what he got.He has talent that most don't have and a promising career in football with lots of cashola $$$. Instead he would rather goof off and do things he knows he shouldn't be doing.

Do ya'll think this will have much effect on their season? I would love to see Appalachian knock off another top 5.  :)

Absolutely no effect on the team even though Ryan was the #1 quarterback in the nation coming out of high school. LSU won national titles with Matt Flynn and Matt Mauck both who were not ranked #1 or even drafted highly in the NFL. They were solid quarterbacks who didn't make mistakes and were team players. Andrew Hatch and Jarrett Lee are outstanding quarterback so didn't be surprised to see both getting playing time this year like Flynn and Perrilloux.

Plus the tigers are returning a complete offensive line   ;)

I'd like to say the vols will give the tigers another run for their money in the title game but  :-/

Daviscw - Yes, LSU is very concerned about Appy State.  We are concerned that we will kill one of their players.

Bmadd - Yes, the Vols do well but remember these names for next season - Georgia, Florida and South Carolina.  All losses.

Hey Bmadd, going to the Indy Bowl in Shreveport isn't so bad.  

Ask all the Bama fans about the trip.  ;D

Well Sam, the way I look at it we (Appalachian) win either way. Ya'll are paying us $500,000 just to come down there. I sure would be ashamed if ya'll paid for a big L. App has had a weak D-Line the past couple of years, so the comment about LSU's strong O-Line shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm really excited about this game, I don't think it will be a blow-out at all. Ya'll may be bigger than we are, but our speed killed Michigan, and every other team we beat on our way to 3 Championships. 4 in a row would be a stretch, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Yelp & LSU is real slow  ;)

Everyone is making a big deal over Ryan P.  I think he was overrated.  Yeah, he was a stunning athelete, but he was a dumb quarterback who was prone to making bad decisions.  His athleticism would get him out of binds sometimes, but that wouldn't hold up as a starter.  I'd rather have a quarterback that is smart and sticks to fundamentals than one who has to rely on sheer luck and dynamics to perform.

Yelp & LSU is real slow  ;)

Yep. ;D

The SEC is the fastest, strongest, and quickest conference there is.  That's coming from a Big XII fan.

Hey Daviscw,

I am actually an Appy State fan and I am so glad they are playing LSU in Baton Rouge.

I sincerely hope you can make the trip.

There is no place on earth like Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night.

Should be a fun game, too.  :)

Sam- Georgia and Florida are for sure going to be the teams to beat for sure the next few years. South Carolina is still on the rise and I suspect Alabama to be a top contender again in the next few seasons. The SEC will be at it's peak I think this year.

Everyone talks about how Perrilloux won the SEC Championship game but in reality LSU was behind 14-13 in the 4th quarter until Jonathan Zenon intercepted Erik Ainge for 18 yards and a TD.

He signed a letter of intent with Texas then back out and went to LSU.   Could you imagine all the off field trouble UT has had in the last few years, then add Ryan to the mix.

I hear Sam Houston State takes troubled QB's.    Just ask sooner fans.